Arkansas Little Rock (1/26/13)

CMJ

If you're shooting 75% from the line, it would still behoove the other team to hack away, as it brings a 25% reduction in potential points.

Top 25% in free throws isn't good enough of you're going to be bottom 40 from the field.

Just like football needs both passing and running to be viable offensive threats, mediocrity from the line makes for an incomplete offense.

I can understand that. I honestly didn't know we were the best in the belt. It is just painful to see situations like last night, where a few missed free throws killed some momentum that we were building, which could have led to a comeback.

About the top 25% thing, we need to be close to top 15% imo. The main reason being is that our half court offense and shooting in general are not doing well right now. They are improving from the beginning of the season, but we need to earn the easy points at the line through aggressively attacking the basket and getting an and-1. That is probably the big reason that I feel free throw shooting will help this team a lot.

I like the way you phrased your point and I agree. We could have had a one possession game near the end, but we missed a lot of key free throws. I would love to shoot better at the line. We seem to hit them in the first half and fall off near the end. Something I am sure the team is working on. The players know they need to hit them and are probably at the gym shooting right now (I hope)

• Upvote 1

Are you really having a conversation with yourself on a public forum? I am truly beginning to hate this board.

He is the most interesting man in the world.

"He holds conversations with himself on a message board."

"He changes his handle on a message board and is still the same person"

He is the most interesting man in the world.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that 25% of our active posters are an Andrew creation. I think he should dust off green_dude more often.

Nobody needs to dust me off. Sometimes it is much more amusing to observe the comments of the ill-advised, uninformed, misinformed, and just plain dummies than it is to comment.

Give more & bitch less...

Edited by Green_dude
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I just go off what I have heard from what I believe to be a reliable source and then also from CJ himself.

The targeted return date from injuries has often been wrong, no matter the coach. I'm sure CJ is still hoping to play but he was barely moving at the last game. I just can't see how he will be able to go from that to playing in what, six weeks.

• Upvote 1

The targeted return date from injuries has often been wrong, no matter the coach. I'm sure CJ is still hoping to play but he was barely moving at the last game. I just can't see how he will be able to go from that to playing in what, six weeks.

You may be right. No one knows100%. though I hope your wrong....not to be rude but instead to give the team a boost.