Vito speaks with Blinn TE Chris Loving

Harry

Chris Loving is going to get a second chance to play football on the FBS level. The Blinn College product said tonight that he is seriously considering making UNT the place he finally reaches his goal.

Loving will take an official visit to UNT this weekend.

“I’m pretty excited about maybe playing at North Texas,” Loving said. “The coaches made it sound like a fun place to be. I know coach [Mike] Grant and talked to the new tight ends coach they just hired [Tommy Perry]. I really like the program. They said that the program is on its way up and I can be a part of it.”

Loving was an honorable mention All-Southwest Junior College Football Conference selection last season and was a standout player at Klein. The question when it comes to Loving has always been his grades.

Texas A&M, Miami, Utah, Colorado State and UTEP were among the teams that offered him a scholarship when he was a senior in high school. Loving didn’t qualify and ended up at Blinn.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/01/taking-recruiting-with-chris-loving.html/

Well if he does have a K-State offer than we may have a problem. That said, this kid is a legit player -- if we can get him eligible, even if we don't see him till the Fall I say go for it.

Frankly - I'm somewhat surprised that K-State would offer him based on the fact he isn't going to be eligible until the Fall but it also could mean they see him as an impact guy.

This one will be interesting to follow.

Well if he does have a K-State offer than we may have a problem. That said, this kid is a legit player -- if we can get him eligible, even if we don't see him till the Fall I say go for it.

Frankly - I'm somewhat surprised that K-State would offer him based on the fact he isn't going to be eligible until the Fall but it also could mean they see him as an impact guy.

This one will be interesting to follow.

Yeah, but you have to consider that Bill Snyder is the all-time Junior College Recruiter. I'm sure he can live with it.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1

Everyone seems to want UNT to recruit top notch athletes being recruited by the big boys, yet when we do, folks throw their hands up and say UNT cannot compete with the big boys. Interesting that these folks get what they want and then they still aren't happy. Just can't please some folks it seems.

For me, I like to see UNT stepping up its recruiting .... will win some...will lose some....but at least UNT will be in the hunt!

Sign this kid, and get him in class. He might be ready to study for a change as well as play football.

Mark

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4

Everyone seems to want UNT to recruit top notch athletes being recruited by the big boys, yet when we do, folks throw their hands up and say UNT cannot compete with the big boys. Interesting that these folks get what they want and then they still aren't happy. Just can't please some folks it seems.

For me, I like to see UNT stepping up its recruiting .... will win some...will lose some....but at least UNT will be in the hunt!

Sign this kid, and get him in class. He might be ready to study for a change as well as play football.

Mark

Great point, plus the Klein area is a great area for athletes

• Upvote 1