Jermaine Antoine visiting TCU

Harry

This is a blurb from a pay article, point being that our ability to land him may depend on if TCU offers....

Antoine Ready for TCU Visit

SuperPrep.com (subscription)-53 minutes ago

I've been hearing from North Texas, Arizona State, Nebraska and TCU ... I'm looking for great coaches, a great football team and really TCU is ...

Read more: http://tcu.scout.com/a.z?s=360&p=2&c=1254370&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2ftcu.scout.com%2f2%2f1254370.html

If you can believe Scout it comes down to TCU and us. He lists high interest in both, has left another at medium interest and shows low interest for the rest. One would get the impression that if TCU offers he will accept. Otherwise, he accepts our offer.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4865737

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1

If you can believe Scout it comes down to TCU and us. He lists high interest in both, has left another at medium interest and shows low interest for the rest. One would get the impression that if TCU offers he will accept. Otherwise, he accepts our offer.
Exactly

I'm not sure how many ships they have left , but Patterson usually holds 1 or 2 till signing day Incase someone flips or falls thru the cracks

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Where does he likely project to play? Slot receiver?

I read somewhere that we are recruiting him as a cornerback. What the??? Let's see...we have Freddie Warner (our best defensive back when healthy), Zac Whitfield (our current best pass defender and 2nd team all-conference), James Jones (a Juco All-American), and Chad Davis (our most heralded freshman), plus Hilbert Jackson, Devante Davis, and Xavier Kelly at cornerback. Davis and Kelly were 3* recruits; not overly common in our recruiting classes. This has become more loaded than any position we have.

• Upvote 1

I read somewhere that we are recruiting him as a cornerback. What the??? Let's see...we have Freddie Warner (our best defensive back when healthy), Zac Whitfield (our current best pass defender and 2nd team all-conference), James Jones (a Juco All-American), and Chad Davis (our most heralded freshman), plus Hilbert Jackson, Devante Davis, and Xavier Kelly at cornerback. Davis and Kelly were 3* recruits; not overly common in our recruiting classes. This has become more loaded than any position we have.

Which to me is fantastic. Hey its hard to land the All American defensive linemen with schools like Alabama stockpiling them so perhaps, if you can get a top notch secondary you can make it work.

Which to me is fantastic. Hey its hard to land the All American defensive linemen with schools like Alabama stockpiling them so perhaps, if you can get a top notch secondary you can make it work.

Yeah, it's nice to have a loaded defensive backfield, but what about WR? We have nothing there. NOTHING

Vito updated and said Anotoine is going to TCU on the 25th. Hopefully by that point that land a few other athletes and are full by the time he visits. That's about all we can hope for.

I have three problems with that Harry.

Alabama is so strong at all positions that they can load up on one without another position suffering. We can't. We have to recruit on the basis of need. We're not getting the high three and up players so we have to cover our weaknesses with the best players available.

Secondly, if we happened to load up on the highly regarded players at a position, who sits and how do you keep the deep backups happy? You don't recruit good players to sit on your bench when you have had a losing record for eight years. Our forte, if we have one, is that we can promise players that they'll play early and mean it.

My third problem is that we will likely lose Antoine because we are recruiting him at cornerback. His highlight videos feature an offensive player; not a defensive player. TCU has taken no receivers so far this year and only one last year. It's time they started filling in. Even though it's TCU we might have won the recruiting battle if he thinks that he will play early at North Texas vs. sitting a year or two at Texas Christian.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it's nice to have a loaded defensive backfield, but what about WR? We have nothing there. NOTHING

Vito updated and said Anotoine is going to TCU on the 25th. Hopefully by that point that land a few other athletes and are full by the time he visits. That's about all we can hope for.

There's some good news/bad news as it pertains to Antoine and TCU.

Bad News is Josh Boyce is leaving early for the NFL and S Jaime Byrd is transferring out. So that both pushes a WR up their depth chart and opens up a scholly for Antoine.

Good News is Quincy Adoboyejo decommitted from A&M and likes TCU and Tech. If TCU decides to target a WR he would definitely be their priority over Antoine.

While TCU is still stacked at WR, they could use a 2013 recruit as a redshirt guy as their WR corps will consist of 5 JRs and 2 Sophs.

Edited by MeanGreen1984
  • Upvote 2

There's some good news/bad news as it pertains to Antoine and TCU.

Bad News is Josh Boyce is leaving early for the NFL and S Jaime Byrd is transferring out. So that both pushes a WR up their depth chart and opens up a scholly for Antoine.

Good News is Quincy Adoboyejo decommitted from A&M and likes TCU and Tech. If TCU decides to target a WR he would definitely be their priority over Antoine.

While TCU is still stacked at WR, they could use a 2013 recruit as a redshirt guy as their WR corps will consist of 5 JRs and 2 Sophs.

Really appreciate the tip! Hope we can land him.

Drastic change to a 4-2-5? Edited by emmitt01

Cameron Echols Luper (WR/DB) just decommitted from A&M as well. Interested in TCU and Tech just like Adoboyejo.

Those two decommitts could be big for UNT to get Antoine.

Considering A&M has 34 commits listed, I would expect a few more to fall by the wayside.

• Upvote 1

Huh? I thought the NCAA max is 25. Is that not right, or does that only pertain to UNT?

Yes and no.

25 is the max per year. But this could make sense if A&M somehow offset the other 9 in another class.

I don't know what's going on, just suggesting that numbers from previous classes can have carryover.

• Upvote 1

There's all types of ways to get around it. Early enrolles can count towards last seasons class as long as that class doesn't go over 25...I think

Rivals only shows their 2012 class as having 19 commitments. If that is indeed their entire class (a big if), then they have another 6 they can use toward early enrollees, assuming you and I understand the rules on this correctly.

A&M is allowed to sign as many recruits as they can this class until they reach the 85 max total for the team. This is the only year they will be allowed to do this and it is because of being new to the SEC.

Just what I've heard.

There is no way. The scholarship and signing limits are now NCAA regs, not just conference rules.

Maybe they could fudge some of their 2012 class into the 2011 class to make room for more in this class. But somehow or other, they have to show a max of 25 signees in the 2013 class.

There is no way. The scholarship and signing limits are now NCAA regs, not just conference rules.

Maybe they could fudge some of their 2012 class into the 2011 class to make room for more in this class. But somehow or other, they have to show a max of 25 signees in the 2013 class.

That's what I heard on volnation, but I think that may be wrong like you said.

This explains it a little better, basically talking about backtracking early enrollees to last class. I wish I could say this is 100% credible but I myself am not sure.

http://www.themidnightyell.com/2012/06/breaking-down-numbers-in-class-of-2013.html?m=1#!