What were the predictions for the 2012 season the end of last year...

North Texas Shep

I was wondering what the GOMEANGREEN folks predicted for wins and loses for the 2012 season? The end of every season everyone starts to think of the next season and what will happen. I know I am excited for next season and the possibilities that Bergland brings to the table. So, what did folks think last year?

• Upvote 1

I thought we would go 7 and 5, and lose a bowl game for 2012.

I thought going into the season we would take another step forward. Instead, we took a half step back.

We will see for 2013. I think 2013 will be better, but obviously I will likely think that every year.

I went with 6-6 and a bowl win. I never pick us to lose a bowl. Little disappointed but with the injuries the lack of depth hurt us.

I like the recruiting so far, but think we need a JUCO WR with hands and speed. Not getting my hopes up there.

If you look at the various versions of the predicted schedules, we know we have Georgia and probably Tulsa. Until we prove otherwise, those are likely losses. Depending on which CUSA eastern team we pick up (possibly ECU if we get SMU's old schedule), then you could add a 3rd game to the list where we will likely be double digit underdogs. Given those assumptions, we should have around 9 games where we may be small favorites or small (<7pts) underdogs. If we go about .500 in those games it should give a pretty decent predictor based on today's information. However, that can always change if some of our unknowns prove that they can make us better.

For now, I am with MGT and looking at 4/5 wins until I see something to make me think differently.

Edited by CurveItAround