GMG Marijuana Poll

http://uk.news.yahoo...-072632419.html

Update: She's dead.

"Investigators obtained a search warrant for the dorm and found heroin, marijuana and drug paraphernalia, leading to Bongiovi's arrest."

More evidence that Republicans hate science. They somehow believe that marijuana and heroin are the same thing.

• Upvote 2

Do you agree/disagree that marijuana use can lead to other harder drugs?

Yes, it CAN, but there is no proof that it will.

Do you agree/disagree that Alcohol/tobacco use can lead to harder drugs?

You know, had we had a serious conversation on this topic and legalized recreational marijuana use 10 years ago, perhaps the Hostess company would still be in business today.

I hope all of you that voted "no" are man enough to personally apologize to all 18,000 former twinkie-stuffers who are now unemployed.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yes, it CAN, but there is no proof that it will.

Do you agree/disagree that Alcohol/tobacco use can lead to harder drugs?

I would say alcohol consumption/tobacco use can lead to usage of harder drugs but it is not as likely as marijuana usage.

Edited by UNTFan23

I would say alcohol consumption/tobacco use can lead to usage of harder drugs but it is not as likely as marijuana usage.

Evidence please. I can post numerous studies that show marijuana usage does not lead to harder drug use.

And I have not used marijuana since I was in college. I never have used anything harder. I know others that have used marijuana and never used any harder drugs. I know more people that have used alcohol, never used marijuana and are now recovering Cocaine addicts.

Evidence please. I can post numerous studies that show marijuana usage does not lead to harder drug use.

And I have not used marijuana since I was in college. I never have used anything harder. I know others that have used marijuana and never used any harder drugs. I know more people that have used alcohol, never used marijuana and are now recovering Cocaine addicts.

It works both ways. :)

• 3 weeks later...

"The police department believes that, under state law, you may responsibly get baked, order some pizzas and enjoy a Lord of the Rings marathon in the privacy of your own home, if you want to." - Seattle Police Department

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9728034/Washington-state-lights-up-as-smoking-marijuana-becomes-legal.html

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1

Fetal Alcohol syndrome

http://www.ncbi.nlm....lth/PMH0001909/

How smoking during pregnancy affects you and your baby

http://www.babycente...baby_1405720.bc

Your point is?

From the article:

They also express concerns that marijuana's increased popularity among teenagers and young adults could put this group at higher risk.

"The emergence of bioengineered crops and novel, medicinal marijuana strains, means that marijuana is no longer what it used to be in the 1970's and early 1980s': some new, high potency strains, including some medicinal marijuana blends such as 'Connie Chung' and many others, contain up to 20 times more THC, the psychoactive constituent of marijuana, than did 'traditional' marijuana from the 1970's and early 1980's " explains co-author Dr. Delphine Psychoyos from the Center for Genetic and Environmental Medicine at Texas A&M University. "Furthermore, with the emergence of dispensaries and Internet websites, high potency marijuana and Spice products are now readily available to the general population."

"Given that marijuana is the most widely used illicit drug by pregnant women worldwide -- one study estimates the rate is as high as 20 per cent -- this is a major issue."

Recent research from the past 5 years has shown that marijuana exposure during pregnancy has been associated with anencephaly, a non-sustaining life condition where a large part of the skull or brain is absent

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am surprised that Washington and Colorado decided to legalize pot. Talk about a taboo subject for a politician....

Regardless of how other states legalize it I still would not use pot. I out grew it in college about 30 years ago. After school, I got into jobs that REALLY disapprove of the recreational use of pot (like the airlines). I had long since quit using it by then.

If by some fluke a vote came up in Texas for legalization of pot, I might vote for it…but I definitely would not be a user.