Big Week in the Belt

BillySee58

Huge week in the Belt will be kicked off tonight at 7 on ESPN2, very similar to last week, with two 1 loss teams in Arky State and LaLa. Just like our game will be vs MUTS this week, the game between Arky State and LaLa will put one of the preseason favorites at 2 conference losses and in need of help to win the conference, while another will go to 3-1 and put themselves right in the thick of the conference race. I have LaLa at home in this one over a down Arky State team. Should be a very interesting game.

As for the rest of the conference, this is a huge week. Here are my personal predictions:

Blowout of the Week: UL Monroe over South Alabama - Just too much firepower on the side of ULM and an underrated defense that has played very well of late, save for the first half against WKU last week. South Alabama had a good showing against FAU to pick up a conference win, but I just don't see their secondary keeping up with Browning and co. for too long.

Upset of the Week: FIU over WKU - Somewhat a hunch, but with Medlock back under center for FIU they are a completely different team. WKU might be the best team from top to bottom in this conference, but they aren't built for a shootout which this game may become. If this game becomes a shootout in Miami the advantage tilts toward FIU.

Close Games:

Troy over FAU - Should be a lot closer than some think as I think FAU can slow down that Troy passing attack. FAU held Browning to 147 passing yards and probably would've held DT to less when we played them if they didn't have 8 or 9 in the box. Unlike the FIU pick, even if FAU is able to ugly this game up at home Troy still can win, just like they won an ugly game against us in Denton. Pulling for FAU, but Troy should be able to add to FAU's miserable season

UNT over MUTS - How can I pick against us after our most recent half of football? I was born and lived in the Murfreesboro area until I was seven, so yo can't call this a homer pick. Okay maybe you can but if we can slow down that rushing attack and make Logan Kilgore have to beat us we should win, but Amos is a receiver we will have to keep tabs on and don't be surprised if he makes some plays. They still can run the ball without Cunningham but his absence does hurt their big play ability. I'd like to see Jim Jim get more touches on offense for us with his big play ability. They are a much better team now, but with basically the same line back for us that paved the way for 464 rushing yards against them last year I look for us to control the clock and eat up yards on the ground all day. I don't expect a blowout, because our style of play doesn't much call for that, but more of a sound victory.

• Upvote 5