TXST correct acronym for Texas State

Boko Dweller

Those numbers for starting median salary seems crazy high. I have friends that went to most of those schools and pretty much none of them make their schools reported average. Don't have any fancy numbers to back me up. Just talking from experience

My IT degree helps push up the average. :D

You typed all this just to "prove" that UH has a law school (skews up) and the state of Texas doesn't pay its teachers (skews down)?

the UH Law School has 950 students and UH as of this year has over 40,000 students

even back when they had 38K students the law school represents .025 of their enrollment so the idea that .025 of their graduates significantly bumps the numbers for the other 99.975 of their students is pretty laughable

but hey when you have nothing clutching for straws is all you can go with

and in relation to Rice the excuse is that they are only "book smart"......even though in several reports Rice students (book smart or not) are still commanding a higher salary VS north Texas as well

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it. Again, what is your agenda against North Texas?

the UH Law School has 950 students and UH as of this year has over 40,000 students

even back when they had 38K students the law school represents .025 of their enrollment so the idea that .025 of their graduates significantly bumps the numbers for the other 99.975 of their students is pretty laughable

The law school is 2.5% of their enrollment not .025% dumbass. That is 2.5 out of 100.

.025 does = 2.5%, but 1-.025 does not equal .99975 dumbass or 99.975, it would equal .975 or 97.5% dumbass. 97.5% of the graduates are not law grads.

PS - The next time you challenge me at math is the next time I make you look like a dumbshit.

• Upvote 4

.025 does = 2.5%, but 1-.025 does not equal .99975 dumbass or 99.975, it would equal .975 or 97.5% dumbass. 97.5% of the graduates are not law grads.

PS - The next time you challenge me at math is the next time I make you look like a dumbshit.

Wow. Made u look like a complete idiot. Then again you do a great job of that on your own.

Edited by mgfan

I frankly get quite amused when anybody from any school looks down on another school or person because of the school they went too. Who the hell cares?

And all that median starting salary crap is so irrelevant and worthless. At the end of the day either you have the brains to make it and progress in the world or you don't. Where you went to school has no bearing on that in my personal opinion.

• Upvote 1

You people do realize there are many successful, smart people who never attended college at all. Some were even self-educated. Where you attended college means squat.

True, but studies have shown that each and every one of these people either considered attending North Texas, have partied on Fry Street or driven under North Texas Blvd. on I35.

What a stupid thread.... begnning salaries and other salaries have a lot more to do with which major than which college... colleges with a large engineering and tech depts will outperform most of the ones than don't... Dumb argument. The whole thing sounds like a bunch of litle kids arguing over who has the best tricycle... especailly the posts by GLGreatness or what ever he calls himself. What an egotistical name... which usually indicates "something".

TXST correct acronym for Texas State. For reference:

Texas State University

The name of the university since September 2003. Use Texas State University on first reference and either Texas State University or Texas State on subsequent references (one or the other used consistently within your document). Never use TSU or TxSt.

(http://www.umktg.txs...ed-guide-t.html)

TSU can be confused with Texas Southern, Tarleton State, etc.

Back on subject.. TXST ... ok I get T is Texas and S is State so what is X..?? ..unknown.. X-rated or what?? and the last T?? . Cap letters have to stand for something. TxSt makes some sense ... not the TXTS ...

Even in TAMU all letters stand for some word (or did). ..so does TTU, TCU, SMU, and so did NTSU and UNT now.

Who thought that strange idea up.????

Given that there are 35K of us, and only like 12K of them. I think we can take TCU out in a battle royale. Their mercenaries (bandgwagon T-shirt fans) won't matter, because OU won so they'll be hesitant.

Houston is different. They live in squalor, don't bathe, and fight for their lives before each class change. It will be difficult but if we can battle in the fresh air of non-smoggy Houston we'll have a chance. They won't know what to do with so much oxygen in their lungs.

We'll have on our side the fact that outside of the Rockets 16 years ago, Houston keels over in big moments.

I'll be sharpening my sword.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like I said, we can win with him and we can win without him. Unlike UNT, we don't roll over and quit.

huh ... isn't the title of this tread about Texas State.

"You're so vain you think this thread is about you...about you .... about you...... you 're so vain.....!

haha

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66