TXST correct acronym for Texas State

Boko Dweller

Meh. There are two things that make it different.

1) I don't think anyone is going around the message board universe with the sole intent of correcting acronyms of North Texas. They get mad at articles and press pieces. If it occurs on a board, it's happening within some stupid smack talk thread,

2) TSU is actually a CORRECT acronym for Texas State University, whether or not it's the preferred one (otherwise, the system wouldn't use TSU themselves). BUT, North Texas State is not the name of our university, so NTSU is actually an INCORRECT acronym for our school. This isn't preference. This is factual.

If you're going to troll another university at least be clever, original, or funny. Purposely using their acronym wrong is neither of the 3.

If you're going to troll another university at least be clever, original, or funny. Purposely using their acronym wrong is neither of the 3.

I agree. But what does that have to do with anything I said? I mean, who are you talking to? What examples of us trolling other boards and using incorrect acronyms do you have? I'm talking about the difference in it. If I'm inappropriately using an acronym, it's because 1) I don't know or 2) I don't care.

And, as I pointed out, Texas State University System is TSUS. If they want people to use something different, they should probably start at home... especially before trolling a North Texas message board about it.

I agree. But what does that have to do with anything I said? I mean, who are you talking to? What examples of us trolling other boards and using incorrect acronyms do you have? I'm talking about the difference in it. If I'm inappropriately using an acronym, it's because 1) I don't know or 2) I don't care.

And, as I pointed out, Texas State University System is TSUS. If they want people to use something different, they should probably start at home... especially before trolling a North Texas message board about it.

Meh. I was about to type something in response, but in the end who cares. This one of the most trivial arguments I've ever been involved in. I just wanted to chime in with my opinion on it, there's really nothing worth going back and forth on. Also, TXST is not even an acronym, its an abbreviation.

• Upvote 2

unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about

the Texas State University System existed long before TxState was named TxState and TxState University is specifically NOT the flagship university of that system because that system operates with a model that does not have a flagship.....so the fact that the System uses one abbreviation has no meaning to what a single non-flagship member of their system wishes to use as the abbreviation for their specific university

• Upvote 1

unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about

the Texas State University System existed long before TxState was named TxState and TxState University is specifically NOT the flagship university of that system because that system operates with a model that does not have a flagship.....so the fact that the System uses one abbreviation has no meaning to what a single non-flagship member of their system wishes to use as the abbreviation for their specific university

I know exactly what i'm talking about - TSUS is the Texas State University System, of which, Texas State University is a member, "flagship" or not. You'll note, that TSUS is not a system that includes Texas Southern or Tarleton State. It does, however, include Texas State. Somebody should tell them that the correct way to do it is TXSTUS. Until such time, plenty of people will refer to Texas State University, correctly, as TSU.

And, as pointed out, TXST isn't even an acronym. It's an abbreviation, chosen arbitrarily. The system is using an acronym, a correct one, and one that you can expect people to use for the words Texas-State-University.

Once again, you're clearly wrong, but I'm not sure what business you'd have in this discussion, since you've never once gotten our own acronym correct.

And this is a dumb discussion, proven by your appearance in it. Nobody cares what TSU wants to be called.

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 2

I leave you guys alone for almost an entire day and I come back to see you guys looking down on Texas State. UNT has no right to look down on TXST, especially considering that both schools are on an equal level. Before you mention us losing to Texas State football-wise. If the trickle-down theory is correct, Txas State beat Houston, Houston beat UNT, therefore Texas State is superior to UNT.

Their correct abbreviation is TXST, so you guys should respect them by doing so. You guys don't like it when we, Whorn, Bible Aggy, TCU, Smoo, Aggy and Tech call you guys NTSU, so don't d the sae to them.

Today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudentenland and continuing into conference play with defeats of Poland,France, Norway,Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only home losses came against the USA and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule (SOS)-our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking.

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated :The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hitler said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 France in only six weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn "style points" to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway wre incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutney. The BCS commented"France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking, they only fell to # 2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines. United States coach Harry Truman was criticized for bad tasteicon1.png for scheduling a "politicking" during the halftime of the Germans bombing of Great Britian. A US fan also made the point that "The German's got too many style points for their sexy offense whichcontinues to obliterate weaker opponents and show off their might after the battle is won. But what about defense ?

• Upvote 1

I leave you guys alone for almost an entire day and I come back to see you guys looking down on Texas State. UNT has no right to look down on TXST, especially considering that both schools are on an equal level. Before you mention us losing to Texas State football-wise. If the trickle-down theory is correct, Txas State beat Houston, Houston beat UNT, therefore Texas State is superior to UNT.

Their correct abbreviation is TXST, so you guys should respect them by doing so. You guys don't like it when we, Whorn, Bible Aggy, TCU, Smoo, Aggy and Tech call you guys NTSU, so don't d the sae to them.

We look down at houston... what is houston??

It's such a new school who just played football!! we played college football when your school wasn't even established

North Texas > u of who uston

We look down at houston... what is houston??

It's such a new school who just played football!! we played college football when your school wasn't even established

North Texas > u of who uston

You can't look down on somebody who is above you. You played football longer than us and still underachieved. You never been in a major conference before, you never had a Heisman Trophy winner, you never won a National Title, you barely send anybody to the NFL, you have almost no football traditions, you haven't beaten anybody relevant since the 60s, maybe 70s. You have a lame handsign with no history behind it other than the fact that it's supposed to be an Eagle claw.

You guys say "Cawwww" while everybody who's relevant in Texas says ____'em.

You haven't sold out a game in almost 25 years, most people have never heard of UNT. (If they have heard of them, they usually know it as NTSU). Your endowment is about half as big as ours. You have never been awarded by the National Research foundation, you can't get Denton to support you, while we are building and expanding our campus (which is already bigger than yours) your city has bulldozed most of your historical buildings and effectively killed a good chunk of Fry Street.

Just face the fact that nobody has done less with less than The University of North Texas.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You can't look down on somebody who is above you. You played football longer than us and still underachieved. You never been in a major conference before, you never had a Heisman Trophy winner, you never won a National Title, you barely send anybody to the NFL, you have almost no football traditions, you haven't beaten anybody relevant since the 60s, maybe 70s. You have a lame handsign with no history behind it other than the fact that it's supposed to be an Eagle claw.

You haven't sold out a game in almost 25 years, most people have never heard of UNT. (If they have heard of them, they usually know it as NTSU). Your endowment is about half as big as ours. You have never been awarded by the National Research foundation, you can't get Denton to support you, while we are building and expanding our campus (which is already bigger than yours) your city has bulldozed most of your historical buildings and effectively killed a good chunk of Fry Street.

Just face the fact that nobody has done less with less than The University of North Texas.

You're the ones with a lame handsign. Anyone who sees it thinks Arizona State, not Houston. And they tore down Fry street because it was a complete crap hole. Have you checked it out lately? It's pretty sweet. But I guess you're one of the pot smoking hippies that hates progress and change. And I saw no evidence of Houston supporting UH while I was down there.

You're the ones with a lame handsign. Anyone who sees it thinks Arizona State, not Houston. And they tore down Fry street because it was a complete crap hole. Have you checked it out lately? It's pretty sweet. But I guess you're one of the pot smoking hippies that hates progress and change. And I saw no evidence of Houston supporting UH while I was down there.

It was very surprising to see how little fans turned out for that game. Can't blame the weather either. We've been not very good for a while and we get that many to a game.

Our current handsign was created when we had a SWC rivalry with the whorns which of course has two stories behind it, of course you guys wouldn't know anything about that. I've been to Fry Street about 5 months ago. Most of the native Dentonites all said it was a lot better years ago before they tore everything down.

Go to Academy, go to a few places around the city, go to most sports bars. You will see plenty of UH stuff. Hell, the local news covers all of our sports, regardless of the opponent, turn on Houston radio, hell, turn on the freaking news. Denton news doesn't even cover UNT stuff half the time. (I've seen multiple threads complaining about it)

It was very surprising to see how little fans turned out for that game. Can't blame the weather either. We've been not very good for a while and we get that many to a game.

We don't make excuses (Unlike UNT), 25k is bullshit. However, as we steamroll C-USA, we will sell out again. One of the reasons we sold out every game despite a 5-7 record back in 2010, was because of students advertising the games and the spread of word through mouth. Hell, our Honors College residents are the biggest supporters and have their own section.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 2

Those things you reference are all by choice on our part. It is part of our master plan. When the time is right we will reveal our real kickas plan that involves lots of wins, huge endowment, Tier 0 (better than tier 1), etc... to the rest of the world.

And by the way, we say Claw 'em.

You are the weakest link, goodbye.

Edited by CurveItAround
  • Downvote 1

We're all, uh......in, Cougar Red!

Because you are so convincing, as of today North Texas Exes everywhere will start mailing back our University of North Texas degrees and in lock-step immediately cast all our support for that academic powerhouse located in the nicest ward of the Bayou City :hair: and one that is now on the cusp (so much for the Big Least) of an apparent Ivy League invite. :bling:

So does that make you happy now? If so, then get on back to CoogFans.com where I suppose you'd be much happier; that is, if in your world of sarcasm and finger-pointing and in other fan's message board living rooms that is at all possible.

So to quote Agent Starling talking to all the police officers at the funeral home...................'go on now, we can handle it from here'

Get em' while they're young!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

We're all, uh......in, Cougar Red!

Because you are so convincing, as of today North Texas Exes everywhere will start mailing back our University of North Texas degrees and in lock-step immediately cast all our support for that academic powerhouse located in the nicest ward of the Bayou City :hair: and one that is now on the cusp (so much for the Big Least) of an apparent Ivy League invite. :bling:

So does that make you happy now? If so, then get on back to CoogFans.com where I suppose you'd be much happier; that is, if in your world of sarcasm and finger-pointing and in other fan's message board living rooms that is at all possible.

So to quote Agent Starling talking to all the police officers at the funeral home...................'go on now, we can handle it from here'

Get em' while they're young!

I assume you're supposed to be the best smacktalker around here. Yawn. I'm going to go push around the UAB guys for a while. I'm sure you fine folks will keep my threads alive without me having to show up.

Such a new school.. please go somewhere else.. go find people who just play football and talk to them...

We are the old timer!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder what this cougarking lady has against UNT??? It would be interesting to find out if she got bullied here? Or maybe did not have any friends? And now princess cougar is finally letting go all of the emotions that have been stored up inside of her for years now? If only we knew the true story behind this poor little girl.