Is the Green Brigade

RushnStudies

I would expect nothing less.

Well, lets start with this WOW! entrance for the Texas Southern half time show.......

Boy! that entrance really gets my MEAN GREEN heart racing with anticipation of a great spirit event......

Meanwhile we'll be subjected to this out of date entrance by the Houston Cougar Band complete with a fanfare that contains some of the fight song in it....how boring...

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Downvote 7

I hereby declare:

I am no longer acknowledging trolls that want the Green Brigade to be something that it isn't.

---

On a side note:

I was at the BOA contest this weekend working in the press box at Apogee. I saw the GB give the exhibition performance.... The sound they pumped out was basically amazing. It was so freaking awesome.

• Upvote 2

On a serious note, does anyone thing that our flute players are going to be able to cover their trumpet players. A couple of those trumpet players were 4* recruits according to Billboard magazine.

I don't know about that, we haven't really faced any decent trumpet players yet. This week will be a good test.

I will say, we have a TON of depth at the trumpet position. Literally 40+ (I think 50) trumpets. So we've got depth at trumpet, which will come in handy in the 4th quarter when people's chops start to get tired.

• Upvote 5

I don't know about that, we haven't really faced any decent trumpet players yet. This week will be a good test.

I will say, we have a TON of depth at the trumpet position. Literally 40+ (I think 50) trumpets. So we've got depth at trumpet, which will come in handy in the 4th quarter when people's chops start to get tired.

I heard they had a 5* bass drum transfer in from Indiana! I hope our bass' are ready to step up.

I hereby declare:

I am no longer acknowledging trolls that want the Green Brigade to be something that it isn't.

---

On a side note:

I was at the BOA contest this weekend working in the press box at Apogee. I saw the GB give the exhibition performance.... The sound they pumped out was basically amazing. It was so freaking awesome.

You know, for the umpteenth time, there is NO college band in the Southwest that makes the same sound as the North Texas band when they are in full musical performance mode.

Their pre-game and half-time pageantry (done by just about every friggin college band in the country......that has a big fan following....don't even mention Rice).....SUCKS.

And I'll add something else. Unless the band plays the fight song with the same passion and big sound as their feature tunes in their BOA performance, their amazing big sound doesn't count. Because when the GB does get around to playing the fight song in their per-game and half-time shows.....it sounds perfunctory compared to their show tunes.

Simple formula.....

Celebrating North Texas...... Job 1

Celebrating the greatness of the Green Brigade job 2 ....... but only when you have anything left in the tank after doing JOB 1.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

You know, for the umpteenth time, there is NO college band in the Southwest that makes the same sound as the North Texas band when they are in full musical performance mode.

Their pre-game and half-time pageantry (done by just about every friggin college band in the country......that has a big fan following....don't even mention Rice).....SUCKS.

And I'll add something else. Unless the band plays the fight song with the same passion and big sound as their feature tunes in their BOA performance, their amazing big sound doesn't count. Because when the GB does get around to playing the fight song in their per-game and half-time shows.....it sounds perfunctory compared to their show tunes.

Simple formula.....

Celebrating North Texas...... Job 1

Celebrating the greatness of the Green Brigade job 2 ....... but only when you have anything left in the tank after doing JOB 1.

Trying Hard Not to Break my declaration....

Trying hard... Not.. to break... My declaration!!!

• Upvote 2

Trying Hard Not to Break my declaration....

Trying hard... Not.. to break... My declaration!!!

He came here to ruffle feathers, not be agreeable.

Don't bite. Just know that he is really good (and intends to) get under people's skin. To the point where he has been on the phone with coaches.

We don't always agree (well, hardly ever) on the Green Brigade, but he is one of my favorite alumni friends. I don't often get to see him, but one of these days I hope to share that alien beer with him.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

He came here to ruffle feathers, not be agreeable.

Don't bite. Just know that he is really good (and intends to) get under people's skin. To the point where he has been on the phone with coaches.

We don't always agree (well, hardly ever) on the Green Brigade, but he is one of my favorite alumni friends. I don't often get to see him, but one of these days I hope to share that alien beer with him.

He once yelled at our Drum Majors that they were being out-conducted.

• Upvote 5

No, but after the Tulsa or Navy game during the Dodge years, after I talked to a couple of the players on the field, I did go over to the director and told him that the visitors pep band made a bigger sound than the GB.

Must be losing your hearing in your old age.

Why would you do that? Would you ever go to a football coach after a game and tell him that his team looked worse that the opponent? Why would you do that?

• Upvote 2

Must be losing your hearing in your old age.

Why would you do that? Would you ever go to a football coach after a game and tell him that his team looked worse that the opponent? Why would you do that?

Umm, he did it at Fouts when the coaches were heading down from the pressbox at half. Ramon Flanigan went after him in the stands.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1