The CougarKing Comes to GMG Thread (With Guest Star MeanGreener)

Cougar King

um no I am not.....there is only one additional dorm on campus since that time when it listed 5544 and that is Honors hall at 400 beds which is where the 5944 came from

12 dorms listed on that master plan and 13 dorms listed on the north Texas residence life website with honors hall being the only addition

so again I am correct

You are incorrect sir... The university has built more than one dorm since 2005, not to mention the 'just across the street apts' that UNT housing is sometimes forced to use due to demand

Edited by golfingomez

You are incorrect sir... The university has built more than one dorm since 2005, not to mention the 'just across the street apts' that UNT housing is sometimes forced to use due to demand

12 dorms at 5544 beds listed on the master plan

13 dorms on this site also directly from the university.....the only one different is honors hall

http://reslife.unt.edu/residence_halls

do you have any proof there are any other dorms

and apartments across the street don't count because every university has those as well and I am not counting them for UH......which has more beds on campus than north Texas does and will have even more in 2013 as I have shown clearly

I pretty much agree with everything you say here, but I'm not so sure about your hospitality point. UH has a great hospitality school. According to these 2 websites (Best Schools and Education Portal), UH is shown as a top school and UNT isn't listed. I have no idea how accurate these sites are, but I do know that UH's Hilton College is very solid.

Sorry for showing my UH igonrance. But is the UH Hilton College completely separate to the Hilton Hotel that is on campus?

It seems it might be a logical link since a lot of the hospitality degree deals with hotels.

MeanGreener, nicely said.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

12 dorms at 5544 beds listed on the master plan

13 dorms on this site also directly from the university.....the only one different is honors hall

http://reslife.unt.edu/residence_halls

do you have any proof there are any other dorms

and apartments across the street don't count because every university has those as well and I am not counting them for UH......which has more beds on campus than north Texas does and will have even more in 2013 as I have shown clearly

McConnell Hall isn't listed under the housing website, due to the fact that students that live there have to apply through a special program and get accepted to live there...

But the fact that you completely overlooked the differences in the dorms from the 2004 list to today's list, and didn't even bother to see if the numbers could possibly be different on the number of beds in the dorms proves that you aren't really checking your facts...

McConnell Hall isn't listed under the housing website, due to the fact that students that live there have to apply through a special program and get accepted to live there...

But the fact that you completely overlooked the differences in the dorms from the 2004 list to today's list, and didn't even bother to see if the numbers could possibly be different on the number of beds in the dorms proves that you aren't really checking your facts...

so now you are counting high school kids.....you don't need special permission to live there you need to be a teeny bopper high school kid

and which dorms have been remodeled?

special program that is great.....the special program for high school kids that when you ask them what they are going to do after they graduate from high school at north Texas they answer "go to a good university"

thanks for the laugh

• Downvote 1

so now you are counting high school kids.....you don't need special permission to live there you need to be a teeny bopper high school kid

special program that is great.....the special program for high school kids that when you ask them what they are going to do after they graduate from high school at north Texas they answer "go to a good university"

thanks for the laugh

So then you admit your facts have been incorrect?

thanks for the laugh

They're North Texas students living on campus. That is a fact. Also, you are wrong about the number of residence halls and capacity.

well we are talking about universities not high schools

and there are less than 400 kids in the TAMS program so that still means less dorm rooms on campus than UH even if you count high school kids

They're university students, actually. You should get your facts straight. And you're still wrong on the numbers.

Edited by Monkeypox

They're university students, actually. You should get your facts straight.

they are high school kids that will get a high school diploma and some of their classes will count as university credit just like at most any large high school in Texas

kids in Plano or Frisco taking advanced placement classes are not college students and neither are TAMS kids

if they were college students the would get a college degree instead of a high school diploma when they graduate like TAMS kids do and no decent university has college students that do not have a high school diploma

they are high school kids that will get a high school diploma and some of their classes will count as university credit just like at most any large high school in Texas

kids in Plano or Frisco taking advanced placement classes are not college students and neither are TAMS kids

if they were college students the would get a college degree instead of a high school diploma when they graduate like TAMS kids do and no decent university has college students that do not have a high school diploma

So you are saying a student has to graduate from that university in order for them to be counted in housing numbers?

I don't get you man... It's ok to admit you are wrong every once in a while... Don't worry about it man... You just didn't do your research on this one, it's not like anyone would think less of you than they already do...

• Upvote 2

I am saying that only a joke of a university would consider their high school students as college residents

and I am saying that if you add the beds in the TAMS dorm to the totals for north Texas then UH still has more beds for actual college students on campus as I stated before

I did not count the TAMS dorm because north Texas does not count it as a dorm for college students it is a "special permission" dorm for high school kids

and even if you add 400 beds to 5944 that is still less dorm spaces for college students than UH has

so even when you count your high school kids you still have less beds for college students than UH does and that is what I stated before

and who cares what people on this forum think of me they are incapable of dealing with reality and have GIFs and comments about peoples sex lives or something intelligent to offer up when confronted over and over with supporting facts from reputable sources

that is why so few members from so many other schools ever participate on this forum.....they come, they try, and even when they are nice and polite the members of this forum act like a fool and they leave and go back to a forum that can deal in reality and actually support their statements instead of claiming close (21 point) losses over BCS teams as meaningful to how good a program is and that program is on the rise

or they laugh that attendance, winning, "legitimacy", commuter school, and conference membership is brought up as smack talk by a school that sucks horribly in all those factors

Edited by GL2Greatness

and who cares what people on this forum think of me they are incapable of dealing with reality and have GIFs and comments about peoples sex lives or something intelligent to offer up when confronted over and over with supporting facts from reputable sources

Exactly, and that's why I'm saying it's ok to admit you didn't do proper research on this topic. I mean hey, nobody's right ALL the time.

TAMS kids aren't taking advanced placement classes, they are taking college classes. As a kid who was offered a scholarship to TAMS, only the top .009% of high school students are accepted into TAMS and that is after scoring in the 97% percentile on all sections of what was the TAAS test when I was in 7th grade, and then being selected to take the ACT or SAT and scoring in the top percentile of those selected are you given the opportunity to obtain a scholarship. These are not kids from Plano and Frisco takin dual-credit classes. And by the way, I was offered scholarships to Duke and SMU, through the Duke Talent Identification Program, in the 7th grade to take college classes during the summer and I wasn't ever finished with middle school. Are they decent universities?

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 2

My RA my freshman year had been a TAMSter and finished at UNT. Don't know how many of them stick around like he did, (not going to look it up either because it's not important, you can do that, I have a life) but it does happen.

TAMS kids aren't taking advanced placement classes, they are taking college classes. As a kid who was offered a scholarship to TAMS, only the top .009% of high school students are accepted into TAMS and that is after scoring in the 97% percentile on all sections of what was the TAAS test when I was in 7th grade, and then being selected to take the ACT or SAT and scoring in the top percentile of those selected are you given the opportunity to obtain a scholarship. These are not kids from Plano and Frisco takin dual-credit classes. And by the way, I was offered scholarships to Duke and SMU, through the Duke Talent Identification Program, in the 7th grade to take college classes during the summer and I wasn't ever finished with middle school. Are they decent universities?

summer camp programs are not the same as trying to call high school kids college students and yes they are good universities that is why they have the high school kids on campus in the summer instead of during the regular semester and trying to count them as college students

and again even with TAMS kids counted and their dorm rooms counted UH still has more dorm rooms on campus

Edited by GL2Greatness

summer camp programs are not the same as trying to call high school kids college students and yes they are good universities that is why they have the high school kids on campus in the summer instead of during the regular semester and trying to count them as college students

and again even with TAMS kids counted and their dorm rooms counted UH still has more dorm rooms on campus

Of course they do if you use their current number of beds and the number of beds at UNT in 1967. Seriously what are you doing on this website TodgeRodge? If you hate UNT so much why are you here?

Here we go again with his incorrect and fake stats. As I expected, his are the facts and mine garbage. LMAO. I've never even heard of his webpage he linked. He got owned, won't admit it, and now is running in circles. Our academics are similar because we both excel and suck in different areas and UH is by and far a commuter schools with less dorms on campus and far less students live on campus there than here. FACT. You can't hide from the stats. Once again, you have excuses for anything I posted that proved you wrong. LOL. You're so cute.

You can't argue with the fact that UH has more students and less percentage of kids on campus and more kids with cars vs UNT with less students and more percentage but also less cars. According to the cars stat, at the very most, 37% of students are commuters. But my facts are wrong, and your assumptions are right, right?

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1