Did I really just watch a game where 500+ passing yards...

UNTstormchaser

...is not good enough to win, and is overshadowed by the other QB's performance??

Did anyone else watch the Baylor WVU game? Absolute insanity, I've never seen anything like it before. Geno Smith of WVU threw for well over 600 yards and had 8 TD passes compared to 6 incompletions, and on the other side of things, poor Baylor QB Florence threw for 500+ yards and led an offense that put up 63 points and lost. What the hell did I just watch?

I'm not sure whether to be happy about witnessing something so remarkable, or to call the police to submit an official statement about what I saw as a witness to the brutal assault on both defenses today. 70-63 final, around 1200 combined passing yards...TWO RECEIVERS WITH OVER 300 RECEIVING YARDS.

Seriously, what the hell did I just watch?

• Upvote 1

...is not good enough to win, and is overshadowed by the other QB's performance??

Did anyone else watch the Baylor WVU game? Absolute insanity, I've never seen anything like it before. Geno Smith of WVU threw for well over 600 yards and had 8 TD passes compared to 6 incompletions, and on the other side of things, poor Baylor QB Florence threw for 500+ yards and led an offense that put up 63 points and lost. What the hell did I just watch?

I'm not sure whether to be happy about witnessing something so remarkable, or to call the police to submit an official statement about what I saw as a witness to the brutal assault on both defenses today. 70-63 final, around 1200 combined passing yards...TWO RECEIVERS WITH OVER 300 RECEIVING YARDS.

North Texas vs either SMU or Navy during the Dodge era.....only with much better players.......and a great audience.

• Upvote 1

Saw it too... clearly football does not need defense for its entertainment value :)

North Texas vs either SMU or Navy during the Dodge era.....only with much better players.......and a great audience.

I saw the Navy UNT game mentioned in the notes at the bottom of the ESPN box score. Jesus H, crazy game.

Did anyone get a load of that crowd? In the words of Stormchaser....Jesus H! Not only was the stadium full but you saw nothing but their school colors.... alternated between sections (in the lower bowl).

I also liked how they placed their band. Right on the ground behind the end zone. That way both sides of the stadium got the full sound.

Edited by SilverEagle

Did anyone get a load of that crowd? In the words of Stormchaser....Jesus H! Not only was the stadium full but you saw nothing but their school colors.... alternated between sections (in the lower bowl).

I also liked how they placed their band. Right on the ground behind the end zone. That way both sides of the stadium got the full sound.

I saw that too, and thought for our Tuesday night nationally televised game versus U of Louisiana that that wouldn't be a bad place to put our marching band for just that one game.

GMG!

West Virginia is beautiful country and I am looking forward to our visits up there against Marshall.

I am starting to like to watch WVU as much as I enjoy turning in to watch Oregon.

I was at the game tonight and did not see any such animal. I saw a defense that was not going to let us lose. It was awesome!

GMG

So after the Fight Song/Alma Mater are played by the Green Brigade, what should we start playing over the PA? I think there is a ton of local music to consider adopting.

Have Eagle1885 whip us up an original number.... Or we could just steal their bit and sing Country Roads.

Edited by Green P1