who is going to be a starter or a benchwarmer this season

angel1972

I really feel for Alzee, but we've got to put our best team out there,. His time will depend a lot on how good TJ is this year. I think Niko, Holmen, Norris and Overlander see very little floor time. If Clarke can be a knock down shooter he'll see some more

• Upvote 1

Who knows: I hope NT played a pressing fast break offense using lots of players. IMO, MItchell and Jones are the only sure starters. Alzee will get plenty of time whether starting or off the bench. I am not sure that Taylor is a starter.

With Jones starting at point and Mitchell at PF, the others will come down to who is the best and that is not evident. Do you go with the best shooting guard at the 2 which would be between Taylor and Walton with Taylor probably the better or do you go with the second best player on the team last year and best guard defender, Alzee.? At the three, I think Franklin will have a tough time getting minutes and that shows how deep this team is. Holmen was the best player in the tournament, Patton has a strong all around game and Jordan Williams has fantastic potential. Coleman is the only true center but is he good enough to start at this point? I don't think they will play Mitchell there, but Patton could play the position and NT would have a very fast five.

My guess at starters: Coleman, MItchell, Patton, A. Williams and Jones, partly because I don't think Benford is in as love with the three as JJ was. Holmen, J. Williams, Taylor and Hardwick will be the first off the bench. NIko will play more than you think because this team's biggest need is at post. Walton is a very tough player but minutes are going to be tough to come by. I see few minutes for Norris, Outlander, Franklin

I don't see Niko getting much time, but other than that I think it's a toss up. Niko did some good things at times, but I feel like every game that I watched this year, he screwed up as soon as he came in, whether it was a bad foul, a bad turnover, a terrible shot, etc.

• Downvote 2

I really feel for Alzee, but we've got to put our best team out there,. His time will depend a lot on how good TJ is this year. I think Niko, Holmen, Norris and Overlander see very little floor time. If Clarke can be a knock down shooter he'll see some more

You gotta remember most of the games T-Mitch was on the bench in foul trouble Alzee was the one carrying this team. Alzee will get plenty of PT.

• Upvote 3

Last I heard the starters were CJ, Taylor, Williams, mitchel, and Colman with solid seniors off the bench Walton, Franklin, Patton, holmen, and Niko... Norris, hard wick and overland will be pressed for any minutes... Maybe it's redshirt time

Oh, so only one of the Williams' will get PT???

Also you say last you heard, makes it sound like you heard it two weeks ago. Taylor just committed yesterday!

• Downvote 2

You gotta remember most of the games T-Mitch was on the bench in foul trouble Alzee was the one carrying this team. Alzee will get plenty of PT.

I agree. Alzee's pretty salty. If he improves as much as he did from his freshman to sophmore years, it is going to be very hard to keep him off the court.

• Upvote 1

The possibility of using Tony, Coleman and Franklin together could be quite interesting. That's a lot of low post size and power. I think Franklin plays a lot bigger than his size and love how he can back guys down.

The possibility of using Tony, Coleman and Franklin together could be quite interesting. That's a lot of low post size and power. I think Franklin plays a lot bigger than his size and love how he can back guys down.

I've yet to see Coleman play, but I'd hope that Franklin isn't backing anyone down with Tony and Coleman on the floor at the same time unless it's to pass out to one of them.