CBS's McMurphy indicating Alliance merger kaput

Harry

If this is true, you have to think C-USA got the better of the deal essentially locking the Mountain West out of Texas and securing UTEP. I think there will still be a relationship between the two but in the end they will both have to look out for themselves.

Read More: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/19074166/cusa-completes-expansion-by-adding-odu/rss

If this is true, you have to think C-USA got the better of the deal essentially locking the Mountain West out of Texas and securing UTEP. I think there will still be a relationship between the two but in the end they will both have to look out for themselves.

Read More: http://www.cbssports...-adding-odu/rss

Yep. The only hope for the MWC seems to be Boise and/or SDSU coming back. Of course, if Houston and SMU come back they may also go to the MWC.

Interesting post by a ECU fan on the CUSA board.

"I think when we realized the merger wasn't going to happen C-USA pulled a power play and locked the MWC out of the state of Texas. Effectively we neutered almost all attractive expansion candidates they had by inviting UTSA and UNT and keeping UTEP."

• Upvote 2

1. I thought we knew the "merger" was going to be a marketing/scheduling alliance. So announcing the full merger is dead is old news.

2. Now that this round of realignment is over what will we talk about in the off season?

1. I thought we knew the "merger" was going to be a marketing/scheduling alliance. So announcing the full merger is dead is old news.

2. Now that this round of realignment is over what will we talk about in the off season?

Helmet designs, uniforms, helmet stickers, stadium expansion, windmills, quitters...

I mean, with these important topics left unsolved, football season will be here before you know it. :P