A good UNT Alum in serious need of some help.

Thanks for coming out Kram. Good seeing you.

Ditto...great seeing you guys, and getting to help Brian a bit as well. The "goodies" are awesome..loved the fudge and peanut brittle...also great to share a beer with Ragemaster5000 and Heather.

Folks...not too late to head down to the Oak Street Draft House and help a great UNT grad in some real need..and enjoy a cold one or two with other folks helping out and having fun doing it!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

With as many people on here who have reached out with donations and prayers over the past year or so, I guess an update is deserved. Brian is now in hospice care. When it came back, it came back really really hard. Please if you've ever prayed for him, pray now for peace. Please also pray that no one else ever has to go through what my best friend Brian and his fiance Nicole are at the end of right now.

Thank you all so much for everything you've done for him.

• Upvote 4

Praying for the peace that Brian and Nicole so deserve. This "stuff" is so hard to understand and to deal with. It seems to so very often hit the "good guys" of the world. Don't understand this at all, but what I do know is that Brian is a lucky guy to have such friends and to have someone like Nicole with the love and strength to stand with Brian from the start to the end. It takes a love...a real love...to handle this stuff.

I believe Brian knows how many people are in his corner...many he does not know by name. The Mean Green Nation is with both you, Brian and you, Nicole. May God bless you both and grant you peace.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4

Praying for the peace that Brian and Nicole so deserve. This "stuff" is so hard to understand and to deal with. It seems to so very often hit the "good guys" of the world. Don't understand this at all, but what I do know is that Brian is a lucky guy to have such friends and to have someone like Nicole with the love and strength to stand with Brian from the start to the end. It takes a love...a real love...to handle this stuff.

I believe Brian knows how many people are in his corner...many he does not know by name. The Mean Green Nation is with both you, Brian and you, Nicole. May God bless you both and grant you peace.

Thanks a lot Mark. You've gone above and beyond for a dude you never really even got to meet. I barely even really know you but easily consider a great friend.

• Upvote 2

Just reading through this roller-coaster-like thread is gut-wrenching enough. I can't imagine what Brian is going through.

I know if I were him, I'd want a guy like GreenP1 in my corner though. Sounds like you've been a great friend, doing whatever you can do to support him.

Prayers going up for Brian and his family & friends, and his fiance.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is really bad news. While I hardly knew Brian...getting to meet him only once at Oak Street Ale House at a benefit event...I know that Brian was loved by many and will always be in many hearts. A great friend he was and those who were fortunate enough to call him friend and to be called "friend" by Brian are some very lucky people.

May God grant Brian, Nicole and their family and friends peace. Try to remember the good times...as many there were I am sure.

The Mean Green Nation mourns a lost member! God bless you, Brian. Rest in Peace. You fought the good fight against a merciless foe and held him at bay as long as possible. You won, Sir...you won.

• Upvote 4