A good UNT Alum in serious need of some help.

Wanted to give a shout out to my fellow GMG.Com folks who came by the event last evening to help out....really appreciate you guys making the effort to come by and help...

AllAboutUNT

Harry

Emmitt01

STIX (all the way from Sugarland to make this event, the BB Madness and the Tues game1)

UNT90

Diet Coke Boy

And, a special thanks goes as well to Green59 for giving me a cash donation to take to the event and add to the collection.

What you did makes a difference, and it shows that the Mean Green family cares. I had a great time...even if i did stay way longer than I intended. It was great getting to meet GreenP1 and share a bit of conversation...and...I had the chance to sit and talk with Brian awhile as well before he had to leave. Folks...check out Brian's website and buy a tee shirt or send in a donation...small or large...it helps. Brian has a great group of friends and a fantastic girlfriend helping, but they could use your help as well.

As Nike says...JUST DO IT!

Thanks again to my fellow GMG.Com folks and to all who helped with this event. The folks at Oak Street Draft House were FANTASTIC as well...get out and support this place...they love UNT and they are super folks. They have earned our support....at least they have earned mine!

Edited by KRAM1

Just got news that Oak St. brought in a little over $1500 for Brian from drinks and tips. Add that to the sold out shirts/contributions and a little over $2200 was raised. Nights like the last are why I continue to love Denton so much.

This is GREAT! What's next? Got some "MO" going here....

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

It was a year ago today that I received one of the toughest phone calls in my life. My buddy has come come a long way since then but he's by no means out of the woods yet. He's had a tough couple weeks that everyone is hoping were brought on because of an adverse reaction to an experimental medication... and while doctors continue to call his recovery miraculous, I'd like to ask anyone who reads this to continue to keep Brian, his fiancé Nicole, and all his friends/family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks again for everything you've all done thus far.

• Upvote 3

Thoughts and prayers go out to Brian and Nicole. Please keep us posted. Prayers go out in the hopes that Bran can be enjoying UNT football at Apogee this year...with a good cold beer, surrounded by his many friends.

• Upvote 2

The timing of this most recent development is a really really cruel twist. About a week ago I was sitting in the Ballpark in Arlington taking in a Rangers game with my buddy Brian... Now we're sitting in a Hospital room in downtown Dallas trying to remain positive. Nothing is concrete yet but prayer, hopes, well wishes, whatever you're inclined to offer would be greatly appreciated right about now.

I've already asked for plenty enough financial donations at this point but if you"re nterested in a really neat T-shirt supporting my good Mean Green friend you can find them at the website in the first post of the thread. A large portion of all sales go directly to Brian.

http://brianpeytonfund.theneener.net/

300.jpg

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone ever needed any more reason to love the Rangers.... They just donated an entire box of seats for the Verlander v Darvish matchup on Thursday to Brian and Nicole. The outpouring of support for the best guy you probably haven't been lucky enough to meet yet continues to be greater than my words can express.

• Upvote 3

If anyone ever needed any more reason to love the Rangers.... They just donated an entire box of seats for the Verlander v Darvish matchup on Thursday to Brian and Nicole. The outpouring of support for the best guy you probably haven't been lucky enough to meet yet continues to be greater than my words can express.

Wow , that's awesome

• 4 weeks later...

We've got a couple more Charity Mondays scheduled for Brian at Oak St Draft House. The first will be this upcoming Monday, 10th of June. As if you really needed a reason..... come on out and buy drinks until you puke!

• Upvote 1

We've got a couple more Charity Mondays scheduled for Brian at Oak St Draft House. The first will be this upcoming Monday, 10th of June. As if you really needed a reason..... come on out and buy drinks until you puke!

What hours? I have to attend the Marcus graduation at the Fabulous Super Pit on Monday. Maybe I can talk the wife into stopping by before/after.

• Upvote 2

Tomorrow evening. The girls have a bake sale planned along with other things. Please come out and enjoy the night for a very good cause. Let me know you're from GMG.com and I might even take it easy on you for a game of bags.

• Upvote 3

Tomorrow evening. The girls have a bake sale planned along with other things. Please come out and enjoy the night for a very good cause. Let me know you're from GMG.com and I might even take it easy on you for a game of bags.

I'll be down early...another friend has said he will be down early with me as well. We more "mature" folks cannot stay up and out as late as you young whipper snappers! Have to get up early the next morning for golf! Ha! See you this evening...

Folks, really do try to stop by this evening...even for one beer...it will help and it will make a difference for a fellow member of the Mean Green Nation. Hope the GMG.Com regular posting group comes out in a big way to support this event! Come early or come late, just come. I'll be there EARLY!

• Upvote 2