Mid-Major Top 25

So i took a trip to the college insider, mid-maor top 25 website and, apparently, CUSA is not considered a mid-major conference. Granted, this applies to basketball only, but its still pretty interesting. I guess its just one of those things where i have to get use to what it will be like in CUSA.......... anyways.... just sayin.....

here's the link

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

• Upvote 2

NOTE: The Mid-Major Poll is made up of teams from the following conferences: America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Great West, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Summit, Sun Belt, West Coast

• Upvote 1

NOTE: The Mid-Major Poll is made up of teams from the following conferences: America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Great West, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Summit, Sun Belt, West Coast

yeah i know. thats what i saw too. I was just surprised that CUSA is not considered a MMC in basketball... and i guess Memphis is the biggest reason for that

• Upvote 1

True.

But i think the question is, will CUSA keep their present distinction as a non-mid-major conference in basketball with the departure of Memphis?

Yes....North Texas is the new Memphis! A nice, long run in the tournament will solidify that distinction.

Yes....North Texas is the new Memphis! A nice, long run in the tournament will solidify that distinction.

I personally think UTEP will be the "new Memphis", but I hope y'all can continue to grow and improve your hoops program. I would love to see a strong basketball rivalry develop between the Miners and the Green...

• Upvote 1

I personally think UTEP will be the "new Memphis", but I hope y'all can continue to grow and improve your hoops program. I would love to see a strong basketball rivalry develop between the Miners and the Green...

Welcome to the site! Look forward to learning more about UTEP and also expect a strong rivalry to develop!