WFAA sports special on Coach McCarney

dwm75068

Hello All, I saw a post on twitter that the WFAA Sports Special tonight will have a piece on coach McCarney's recovery from his stroke.

Also, met gomeangreen member JRock at a St. Patty's party last night and was encouraged to sign up on here after speaking with him. Go Mean Green!

Love the site and great info.

• Upvote 5

Hello All, I saw a post on twitter that the WFAA Sports Special tonight will have a piece on coach McCarney's recovery from his stroke.

Also, met gomeangreen member JRock at a St. Patty's party last night and was encouraged to sign up on here after speaking with him. Go Mean Green!

Love the site and great info.

It was great meeting you all last night. We had a great time. So fun having so many UNT alums in one place. And who would of thought we know the same people. Quite the surprise. Welcome aboard. You're in good company.

Go Mean Green!

JRock

• Upvote 1

My wife (who rarely watches the sports unless Dale Hansen is going unplugged) and I watched this and she was very impressed with Coach Mac. She said that most coaches who come across that strong in their presentation are usually (from her point of view) doing their "coach thing" and don't seem very sincere. She was very impressed with Coach Mac's sincerity.

• Upvote 1

I believe that Dan McCarney comes across as the most sincere and enthusiastic coach that I have ever heard. I used to love to hear Hayden Fry but you knew that much of his spiel was coachspeak. McCarney inspires like none I've heard. If he weren't a football coach he'd make a top-notch salesman. I am so glad that he hasn't lost his zest for life and his enthusiasm for coaching.

If the Athletic Department doesn't have him speaking at every organization's meeting in Denton County that uses a speaker then they're not doing their job.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1