Aston falls short again

Skipper

Tyler Owens / Staff Writer - Despite three players scoring in double digits, the Mean Green (13-12, 6-6) fell short against Florida Atlantic on Saturday, dropping its third straight game. Junior forward Sara Stanley led the way for the team, notching a double-double with 21 points and 11 rebounds. It wasn't enough, though, as FAU (14-9, 9-3) defeated UNT 71-63. "We didn't pick each other up, and that's what we needed to do to win," senior guard Tamara Torru said. "I don't think we played very much like a team." Coming into Saturday's game, the Mean Green had lost its [...]

View the full article

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Tyler Owens / Staff Writer - Despite three players scoring in double digits, the Mean Green (13-12, 6-6) fell short against Florida Atlantic on Saturday, dropping its third straight game. Junior forward Sara Stanley led the way for the team, notching a double-double with 21 points and 11 rebounds. It wasn't enough, though, as FAU (14-9, 9-3) defeated UNT 71-63. "We didn't pick each other up, and that's what we needed to do to win," senior guard Tamara Torru said. "I don't think we played very much like a team." Coming into Saturday's game, the Mean Green had lost its [...]

View the full article

Aston is doing a great job, your comment notwithstanding.

I wonder: did JJ fall short when his team blow a 19 point lead?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Aston is doing a great job, your comment notwithstanding.

I wonder: did JJ fall short when his team blow a 19 point lead?

I believe the title of the article was Aston falls short. Was Skipper actually being aggressive in his criticism or just re-posting the article?

I don't even think it was his criticism, unless he was the beat writer of the Daily (which I am not aware of either way). And even then, the editor usually comes up with the headlines, not the writer.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I believe the title of the article was Aston falls short. Was Skipper actually being aggressive in his criticism or just re-posting the article?

I don't even think it was his criticism, unless he was the beat writer of the Daily (which I am not aware of either way). And even then, the editor usually comes up with the headlines, not the writer.

The title was falls short again, "again" does not appear in the article.

I may be guilty of overracting, he may be guilty of over emphasis.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

The title was falls short again, "again" does not appear in the article.

I may be guilty of overracting, he may be guilty of over emphasis.

I'm guessing the "again" is in the headline because Aston has been trying for her 100th career win for three straight games only to fall short.

• Upvote 3

When I just clicked on the article link it appears to be "Aston falls short again..." Here's the link I used to get there: http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=62369

They may have changed the title after it went to the RSS feed. That sometimes happens. I also think Keith is right about it probably being titled that way because she was so close to her getting 100.

When I just clicked on the article link it appears to be "Aston falls short again..." Here's the link I used to get there: http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=62369

They may have changed the title after it went to the RSS feed. That sometimes happens. I also think Keith is right about it probably being titled that way because she was so close to her getting 100.

I think it's amazing that she and the women's team have done as well as they have with (I think) the players being mostly the same as last year. Correct me if I'm wrong.