Anybody have a clue what kind of home schedule we will have next year?

calvin

There will be four less OOC games next year. The SBC will go from 16 conference games this year to 20 conference games next year.

After Denver leaves....every team will play every other team twice. A home and home with everyone in the league.

I was hoping that would happen actually.

• Upvote 1

We need to step up the schedule next year, especially if TM sticks around. Would love for us to play overseas this summer, it has done wonders for teams who have done this.

Replace the non DI school to open the season with a swac school

Replace the swac schools we normally have with teams

from the mvc , ovc

Do 2 for 1 deals If we have to with BCS schools. Capitalize on next year at all cost

Bring in depaul & retire Kenny Lyons jersey in a nice Ceremony

Also get into the USVI or puerto Rico tournaments because I've already been given the okay by the wife for a family vacation!

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Replace the non DI school to open the season with a swac school

The two non-D1 schools were exhibition games this year. Each Div 1 team is allowed to play two exhibition games against Div 2 schools. You can't play Div 1 schools in exhibition and these games don't count toward total game limit. Last season, we played a Div 2 school as one of our regular season games.

Basketball is different from football in that the schedule isn't completed years in advance. The bulk of schedule isn't completed until summer or fall. I wouldn't mind playing a couple of road games against really tough schools. If Mitchell comes back, there is a shot that a game against Kansas or UT could get picked up by ESPN or ESPN2. I'd love to play some games against a MVC or CUSA team but those are harder to schedule. And it'll be tough to get teams to come to the Pit since that's a very tough game for any school that isn't a Top 25 or Top 50 type team.

The two non-D1 schools were exhibition games this year. Each Div 1 team is allowed to play two exhibition games against Div 2 schools. You can't play Div 1 schools in exhibition and these games don't count toward total game limit. Last season, we played a Div 2 school as one of our regular season games.

Basketball is different from football in that the schedule isn't completed years in advance. The bulk of schedule isn't completed until summer or fall. I wouldn't mind playing a couple of road games against really tough schools. If Mitchell comes back, there is a shot that a game against Kansas or UT could get picked up by ESPN or ESPN2. I'd love to play some games against a MVC or CUSA team but those are harder to schedule. And it'll be tough to get teams to come to the Pit since that's a very tough game for any school that isn't a Top 25 or Top 50 type team.

What about St. Gregory's? NAIA regular season game.

What about St. Gregory's? NAIA regular season game.

Forgot about that game. I agree that we shouldn't play these games. Although from an RPI standpoint they are better than crappy Div 1 team (games against non-Div 1 don't count and games against bad teams only hurt our RPI).

• Upvote 1