Connor Trussell- OL Arlington Martin Commit

H-towngreen

Combine Results

Offered by NM

Talked to Minnesota for a bit, Texas St. was interested too.

"Arlington Martin duo to visit UNT

Arlington Martin coach Bob Wager said defensive tackle Mustafa Haboul and offensive lineman Connor Trussell will visit North Texas this weekend.

The 6-foot-1, 230 Haboul was a force for the Warriors during their playoff run this season and racked up 49 tackles, seven sacks and a fumble return for TD this past season.

Trussell (6-4, 270) helped pave the way for a Warrior run game that amassed nearly 3,500 rushing yards."

read more here

111944clid.jpg

What a remarkable year for Martin, first win against Euless in 15 tries. Trussell seems like a good get, but I also think the DT (although I suspect he'd play DE in college) Mustafa Haboul would a good, maybe great guy for us if he commits to UNT.

Good Story on Haboul

Edited by eulessismore

I agree H-town. We could have presented Walling with a "take it or leave it" offer the other night, telling him to commit or lose the offer if he goes to SMUt.

Trussell looks about the same size but from a better program this year. Welcome to North Texas Connor. You've made a great decision. Love how Mac has players identified in the event we lose one.

Looks like a "good get" by Coach Mac and Co. Welcome to the Mean green nation. Another "local kid" looking to play for the Mean Green. Great to see this. he'll get to play in front of lots of friends and family at Apogee!

Looking more and more like a very nice Signing Day haul for the Mean Green. See you at the party at Apogee!

Remind me...who is this Chase Walling guy???? Hey, here's hoping they both sign with the Mean green. If not, I'll take the kids who WANT to be part of the Mean Green Nation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Both young men, Walling and Trussel, rate 5.4 on Rivals. Only one wants to be here. This worked out just fine. We have seen too many examples in the last several years of what happens when a players heart is not in it.......

+1, I've been thinking the same about Walling; I really think we'll like the OL players that do sign

• 1 month later...