Dallas College Games Last Night (12/28/11)

untjim1995

Just curious as to how SMU got the opportunity to play OSU in the doubleheader at the AAC last night instead of our program. Was it just a money thing, where SMU just bought their way in or did the organizers of this doubleheader feel that SMU had more name recognition than we do? Either way, SMU played a good game last night (for them) against the Pokes, but nobody with even a pulse can say that the Ponies have a better hoops program than we do. I just don't get it...

• Upvote 1

From what I saw last night SMU had a pretty decent squad. They're pretty young just like us and they don't look as bad what I had expected. While I think we have an edge over them I think they played pretty darn well against OSU and should have won that game.

Of course that is the only SMU basketball I have seen all year and that will probably be it but I really thought they played a pretty good game.

• Upvote 1

Word was we were in a game with TTU until they found out Tony would be available. Then they wanted to move the game back to Lubbock earlier in the year. It would have been their home game, so you can't really blame them too much for moving it up in the year and out of Dallas to play us without Tony. It's cheap, but a smart move.

SMU has some really nice young players. Jalen Jones looked pretty good, but I want to say that might be the best he's played all year. Their inside presence, Cunningham, had some really, really nice moves and made a big impact, I thought. They were coached well, and performed surprisingly well especially in the crucial points.

They just got Keeton Page'd. Something we should be all too familiar with.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

I don't know if you guys realize what they were charging for tickets... I expect a lot of folks would have sat the games out, even if we'd been involved.

Lower section sideline tickets cost more than some of our full year season ticket options. 2nd level baseline cost $40-60 on Stubhub.

I don't know if you guys realize what they were charging for tickets... I expect a lot of folks would have sat the games out, even if we'd been involved.

Lower section sideline tickets cost more than some of our full year season ticket options. 2nd level baseline cost $40-60 on Stubhub.

I was reading some of the comments on ESPN and someone remarked that they hoped that the fans got in for free and that the game was so bad that they would have walked out if their own son was playing in the game. That game was bad during regulation (which is when I read the comment) but was pretty good in the OT's.

I was reading some of the comments on ESPN and someone remarked that they hoped that the fans got in for free and that the game was so bad that they would have walked out if their own son was playing in the game. That game was bad during regulation (which is when I read the comment) but was pretty good in the OT's.

Might have been an OSU fan. If I were them, I would have expected a lot more out of them.

Might have been an OSU fan. If I were them, I would have expected a lot more out of them.

Actually I think almost every OSU fan expected to lose. Some remarked that they knew nothing about SMU but expected to lose to them lol. They are really pretty bad this year.