u.s.news 2012 best colleges

this topic may or may not be appropriate for football, but alumni giving does effect athletic budgets. f.y.i.,north texas average alumni giving rate is 5%, same as u.t.e.p. and u.t.s.a. houston is 13%, as is la.tech.,u.a.b.,w.k.,and so.miss. in between is a.s.u.@11%,troy@9%,u.l.l.@7%, and memphis only @6%, which susprised me. at any rate, it just reinforces the fact that we have a long way to go .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

this topic may or may not be appropriate for football, but alumni giving does effect athletic budgets. f.y.i.,north texas average alumni giving rate is 5%, same as u.t.e.p. and u.t.s.a. houston is 13%, as is la.tech.,u.a.b.,w.k.,and so.miss. in between is a.s.u.@11%,troy@9%,u.l.l.@7%, and memphis only @6%, which susprised me. at any rate, it just reinforces the fact that we have a long way to go .

Do you have something against capitalization?

• Upvote 3

Do you have something against capitalization?

It feels like a txt message to me.

Is it really that big of a deal? This forum is, for the most part, pretty informal. He still got his message across and I really don't see a point to call him out on it. I thought it was an informative post regardless of capitalization.

Maybe the argument stands up on it's its own for you but to me the argument looses loses credibility when someone doesn't capitalize proper nouns, which is what unt UNT is.

:fpc:

• Upvote 1

Maybe the argument stands up on it's its own for you but to me the argument looses loses credibility when someone doesn't capitalize proper nouns, which is what unt UNT is.

Calling someone out on grammar and ending a sentence with a preposition? Bad form?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Calling someone out on grammar and ending a sentence with a preposition? Bad form?

If that's the worst thing that I do, then I'll take my lumps. However, this board is fraught with loads of bad spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It really makes me cringe and wonder how some people managed to get their degrees.

sorry, i'm an old man who regareds e-mails and text messages in the same vein. if credibility in your mind is based upon grammer, then put me down with president bush jr. i still think the invasion if iraq was a typo, that he meant to invade iran. thanks, WARD WHITE

Calling somebody out on calling somebody out but being wrong about said calling out of the calling out- bad form?

Is is not a preposotion. Is is a verb. You can end a sentence in a verb last time I checked. (Interestingly enough, I ended that sentence in a past tense verb)

Edited by kalebschumann
  • Upvote 1

The below numbers indicates how our endowment coffers compare to all the present CUSA members, ie, the dollar amounts in bold represents endowment numbers for each CUSA school.

North Texas from one source (wikopedia) says we are setting right at $100,000,000.oo.

For North Texas to be elgible for Tier 1 status I believe we have to have at least a $400 million endowment. Well, unless T. Boone takes a likin' to us we will have a nice wait on that one.

East Division

University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)BlazersBirmingham, Alabama1969Public18,00011,6811995$332 million

University of Central Florida (UCF)KnightsOrlando, Florida1963Public50,00045,3982005$114 million

East Carolina University (ECU)PiratesGreenville, North Carolina1907Public27,00020,9741997 (football)

2001 (all other sports)$103 million

Marshall UniversityThundering HerdHuntington, West Virginia1837Public15,5009,3142005$70 millionUniversity of

MemphisTigersMemphis, Tennessee1912Public21,40016,7191995$183 million

University of Southern Mississippi (USM)Golden EaglesHattiesburg, Mississippi1910Public17,25414,0961995$89 million

West Division

University of HoustonCougarsHouston, Texas1927Public39,00029,2981995 **$491 million

Rice UniversityOwlsHouston, Texas1891 (opened 1912)Private6,7003,2372005$3.6 billion

Southern Methodist University (SMU)MustangsUniversity Park, Texas (Dallas)1911Private10,6006,0002005$1.37 billion

University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP)MinersEl Paso, Texas1914Public20,50017,2612005$151 million

Tulane UniversityGreen Wave New Orleans,Louisiana1834Private11,1006,7491995$807 million

University of TulsaGolden Hurricane $915 million

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen