Next Week Will be Tough

Mean Green 93-98

Did you ever think that Troy isnt that good, just because they were a preseason favorite doesnt mean they are the best. Look at lala they were proejcted last and there #1. Preseason and past ranking dont mean anything in the season.

I know Ive said that we cant bring up last year because this team is 90% different, we only lost by a touchdown last year to troy

Next month won't be tough. Head on over to the super pit and and watch some fun UNT action.

How about a promo next week, "all those in attendance receive a ticket to Tony Mitchell's first practice with the team"?

Start that hype train rolling AND provide additional incentive to show up. Of course, I don't know what rules there are against open practices.

• Upvote 1

From the pic of the paper today it seemed like SMU only had about 10,000 people at their game. Though the announced attendance was around 22,000...

Looks like they have a lot of Ranger fans too

I watched a little of the SMU game on FSSW, lot's of empty seats!

In all honesty, ULL is that much more talented than us. This is an issue with coaching, not talent. ULL is a perfect example of what creative coaching can do to a program. We look scared to take any chances.

??? No offense to our guys, but they have 2, TWO, QBs that are better than anything we have. They have 2 big, fast WRs that can stretch the field, and an athletic TE that can run and catch. Merge these teams into an all-star team and at the skill positions Dunbar is the only starter we have. At this point, they are a LOT more talented than we are. We did well to stay in that game as long as we did.

I watched a little of the SMU game on FSSW, lot's of empty seats!

I was skimming through the game here and there and the upper levels looked pretty darn empty and once SMU had a sizeable lead it was obvious that fans were leaving...in the middle of the 4th crowd wise it looked nothing better than a high school game.

Scattershooting:

ULL was better than us. We were lucky to hang in there as long as we did.

I think the defense (outside of the accomplished per game quota of 3-4 broken plays) played well enough for us to win but we were overmatched for size and speed. Not really sure why they leave Royce on an island like they do.

Their WR's were taller and faster, and their QB just floated passes that stayed up long enough for their guy to get to it. But overall, on defense, we overperformed.

D gave us enough breaks to win. But like the wowboys yesterday, if you don't take advantage of your gifts, you lose.

We had the short field three times and got 3 points, as I recall.

We missed a FG and had one blocked.

Finishing drives would be nice on many levels: you keep the ball longer, force their offense to play differently, rest your defense.

Execution really enhances your play calling, I am beginning to notice.

Dunbar's one look at daylight, a 15-18 yard run in the second half, was called back for a hold. Total turn around in the game.

One aspect I would like NT to adapt from ULL's "scheme:" when they got up big late, they snapped the ball at 1 or 2 on the play clock consistently.

And why is it that I only felt one time that a TV timeout was slowing the game down? For each of the 20 or so internet time outs at one of our home games, things stop down for what seems like five minutes.

GMG