How Did Your Player Do Against FAU?

KRAM1

So, we lead off again with my guy...#78 Deep Snapper, Troy Kokjohn.

The only thing to say here is that he grades an A+ this week, not only for his excellent snaps, but for his courage in staying in the game and getting the job done after taking a blow to his knee on his very first play...punt snap...of the game. In case you haven't noticed, #78 is usually one of the first players down on punt coverage...yes, this after making the snap and being one of the last able to leave after the snap and punt. Well, this time as he went for the tackle he tweaked his knee a bit. Easy to notice as he limped a bit to the sidelines and went directly to the trainers table after the play. BUT, right on cue, there was #78 back on the field...didn't miss a beat or a snap.

You wonder why I follow the special teams guys? Well, you probably never noticed this little event, but I am sure you would have had it been Dunbar or Thompson or any number of other players. Many of these special teams guys mean the difference between a win or a loss on Saturday, but you won't see their names in the press...unless, of course, they happen to make a mistake. Unsung heroes who toil just as hard as the rest of the team, make the plays and go about the business of helping the team win.

Great game #78...you know...we know!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

My adopted player is no longer on the roster, so if no one else has filed paperwork with CPS I'm gonna take Colton Clay...great football name. Zero tackles on special teams, but he did recover the fumble that set up the first score of the night.

OK, just found out that "my guy"...#78 Troy Kokjohn...Deep Snapper...is on the list of candidates for Homecoming King at UNT! How about that, sports fans?

He is matched up with Delio Covo...a diver on the UNT Swim team who stands less than 5 feet tall. That should be an interesting site if they let Troy on the field in his uniform for the announcement.

NOW...if you are a UNT student and can vote for Homecoming King and Queen...get out there and vote for the pride of the Mean Green...#78...Troy Kokjohn and Delio Covo!

If you are not a student...find out how we can hack into the vote process and stuff the ballot box...OK, Just kidding...

• Upvote 1

Derek Thompson managed the game well and minimized some of the mistakes that have led to opponent's points earlier in the year. His numbers for the night were:

Rushing: 5 for 15 yards with a net of 12 yards, but he did have a big 13 yard scramble for a first down to keep a drive alive and scored the first touchdown on a option keeper around the right side.

Passing: 13 of 27 for 108 yards. These numbers would have been much better except for several drops that hit players right in the hands. He threw the ball with much more zip and minimized throwing off his back foot which has hampered him earlier in the season.

Thompson has a great presence on the field that I expect to translate to better numbers when Outlaw gets back out there. Derek did miss a few reads, but our lack of a deep threat is hurting our passing game. Many times I would watch the secondary and nobody is creating separation from the DB. We need to work on our timing routes to complete some of these passes. It is a shame Stradford can't catch, because his speed is sorely missed. I would make him catch 100 balls from the machine daily until he got better.

My adopted player, Tevinn Cantly, was oficially in on two tackles. I think the statistician screwed him because I was watching and Tevinn was very active. He is elevating his game and gets a B+ from me for the FAU game. Good job, Tevinn! :thumbsu:

Cook up a little something special for those Cajuns please.

• Upvote 1

Nickel back #6 Hilbert Jackson played about 30 plays. He set up the first INT by covering the TE on a vertical route toward the UNT sideline, getting a collision on the TE to destroy the timing, and allowing the top coverage to make the pick.

Nice day for Hilbert overall.