Coach Mac Press Conference

I don't know how anybody can say that this isn't exactly the guy we need running our program right now after watching this press conference. It baffles me that some people feel he isn't the right HC for us.

It pains me to say that I've read just about all of these meltdown threads so far and I've not seen anyone say that McCarney is not the right HC for UNT... How did you come to this conclusion?

I don't know how anybody can say that this isn't exactly the guy we need running our program right now after watching this press conference. It baffles me that some people feel he isn't the right HC for us.

There is a difference between second guessing a coaching decision and saying a coach is the wrong person. As a fan, I think game decisions are fair game. But just because a decision or two may or may not have been right does not mean he's the wrong guy for the job. I"m certain there are plays where all coaches think "damn, that didn't work."

I think most of us are very certain Coach Mac is the right guy.

• Upvote 1

I probably just got caught off gaurd by the number of people bashing his decision making not being that of an experienced HC and insinuating his decision to go with McNulty was based on his relationship with McNulty's dad even though we were all told coming out of fall camp that McNulty had shown enough to make the backup QB spot essentially a tie if not slightly in McNulty's favor. However, there are plenty of folks on the board who did not immediately bash him so I shouldn't have added the last part to my post.

Switching to an unrelated topic, I have been wondering about having a mic for the reporters as well. There are so few people asking questions I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard. Although it's kinda interesting trying to figure out what question was asked based on the answer given.

• Upvote 2

Pardon me if I want a winning season before I cannonize Coach Mac.

Time will tell. Statements like these can come back to haunt you in a couple of years. And there are people on here (not me) who will remember if Coach Mac is not successful.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3