Make noise on D

SHOSS

Maybe except my mom is almost 70 was standing and yelling most of the game until it got out of hand. It's not an age thing at all. It's a mindset.

It's all a mindset if you have the luxury of a WINNING team.

It's much more 'sensitive' to how things are going on the field otherwise.

Officiating issues to one side, we were yelling and waving, standing and screaming right up to half way... Houston then finally worked out how to get things done against us as soon as they came out for the 3rd quarter. All the energy went away from our section... It kind of got obvious what the Oline was going to do... and how Houston were able to run us on 3rd downs.

It felt to me as if a certain previous head coach had walked in and said "Option play only for the rest of the game and shut up all you season ticket holders, I don't care." So we did... sheer habit. We all have to learn to do this stuff right (it's been a long time, after all) just as the team do.

The 1st half was much better from the noise point of view, because we were actually in the running ----- they need to be closer, not 20 or more points behind for that kind of noise!

Ok, I am on the alumni side, as I am an old now...

I was a little intoxocated when I made this entry during the game(while we were on offense btw).

I wanted to say, first off, that this was 1,000,000 times better than I ever heard fouts. It was a great experience.

HOWEVER, if we want a true home field advantage, it really is simple. When the visiting team is on offensive, we yell, whistle, and make noise in general. When our offense is on on the field, we should react to positive plays, but otherwise, a low level of noise is ok.

Kickoffs, make noise. When we are receiving, a brelan chancellor chant would probably be appropriate...(my buddies all but laughed at me when I suggested this)

I just hope we have fans show up more than once to figure this out.

I found myself trying to make up for most around me not yelling... I was doing the cheerleading thing too.... I got the feeling I was annoying people... 5 people yelling at lower levels is louder than 1 guy overyelling.

Go mean green

I was overyelling as well and it took my voice out right after the 2nd half started. I had to tell people to get on their feet when the team came onto the field and only Thor and his family behind me were loud in our section that I could see. I was on my feet so much of the 1st half that I felt bad for those behind me and apologized. They said they didn't care so it's not a big deal. I should not be getting looks for shouting out Go Mean Green or just being loud and excited in general....this is a college football game not an Opera.

I could not agree with you more. The students were awesome today. But, it seemed like only about 1/4 of the alumni side even bothered to make some noise on the key 3rd downs.

In my 20+ years as a UNT fan, this may have been the first time I have every really witnessed us having a home field advantage due to crowd noise. Apogee could really be a weapon for us, if more people would realize that making noise can really have an impact.

As it was, the crowd noise today caused Keenam and the Houston offense problems on several occassions resulting in penalties and/or timeouts.

The lower bowl on the alumni side was loud and active. But, it seemed like the further up you got, the more reserved the fans were.

I am not really being critical of the fans. People showed up and we need everyone we can get. I just wish that more people realize that the fans can really be a home field advantage, if they would just open up their vocal chords, especially 3rd down defensive stands.

I have never really understood why so many simply sit most of the game on the alumni side. That being said, we were on row one and I didn't really turn around last night to see if people stood up or not.

• Upvote 1

this is the reason why i chose the top row of 106...stood the entire time...it's great not having to sit down or worry about trivial stuff like that at our sporting events.

That factored into my decision as well I am in row 11 of 104 so only one row of people to piss off

I did not mean to come off as an @ss. I've been going since 2000 and yes the Dodge era still weighs on me. I get sucked in every year even this game where i figured keeping it under 50 is a moral victory, got me thinking upset when it was 20-17.

GMG See you at Indiana.

Easy answer: plastic megaphones.

35885.jpg

These are very inexpensive, especially if ordered without custom printing.

Buy 8000 of these and place them on every student section seat. The students will quickly realize that their involvement can alter the games. They're much more effective than free pom-poms or bandanas.

• Upvote 2

Easy answer: plastic megaphones.

35885.jpg

These are very inexpensive, especially if ordered without custom printing.

Buy 8000 of these and place them on every student section seat. The students will quickly realize that their involvement can alter the games. They're much more effective than free pom-poms or bandanas.

And can be used as a beer funnel after the game!

• Upvote 1

It got pretty loud last night. I don't know if anybody noticed, but the "Noise Meter" on the jumbotron broke or was pushed to the absolute limit multiple times.

Oh sorry... I thought that was the sound system itself, what with all the pops, crackles, feedback, rhythmic drum noises and so on...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure it'll get fixed over the next two weeks... :unsure: