Tough Start

UNTLifer

My take is that this team's confidence is shaky after the last couple of years and starting the year, on a Thursday at the defending conference champion was a tough way to start. It would have been helpful to this team to start with a relatively easy opponent at home to help them get their legs under them.

They looked like they were just waiting for something to go wrong, and when it did early with Hilton's big return, they had that "here we go again" look in their eyes. Once they settled down, we looked better, but unfortunately this was after FIU had hung 28 on us.

Following this game with Houston and then Alabama will test their confidence, and they need something good to happen to them to confirm all of the work they've put in preparing for the season. Scheduling a "cupcake" would have done wonders for the team, but we don't have that luxury, so I am hoping for a scenario similar to 2001 when Scott Hall and the team decided they were tired of losing. Maybe Scott can talk to the team.

Scott would pump a little life into them.

RE: "cupcakes" as confidence builders, who is shitting who? I would much rather see the resolve to elevate their game.

I don't know what would be considered a cupcake for this team. We might be a below .500 team in the southland at this point.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

My take is that this team's confidence is shaky after the last couple of years and starting the year, on a Thursday at the defending conference champion was a tough way to start. It would have been helpful to this team to start with a relatively easy opponent at home to help them get their legs under them.

They looked like they were just waiting for something to go wrong, and when it did early with Hilton's big return, they had that "here we go again" look in their eyes. Once they settled down, we looked better, but unfortunately this was after FIU had hung 28 on us.

This AND that.

Following this game with Houston and then Alabama will test their confidence, and they need something good to happen to them to confirm all of the work they've put in preparing for the season. Scheduling a "cupcake" would have done wonders for the team, but we don't have that luxury, so I am hoping for a scenario similar to 2001 when Scott Hall and the team decided they were tired of losing. Maybe Scott can talk to the team.

at this point, we are the cupcake.

• Upvote 2