A$M wants to join SEC before TX Legislature stops them

NT80

Predictions

Texas A&M goes SEC. They won't win many SEC championships but no big deal. They've never won many conference championships. They'll be happy. Being a medium/small fish in a big pond ain't bad - ask Vanderbilt.

Texas stays in the Big XII as long as OU is in the Big XII. Two top 10 programs is good enough.

Houston enters the Big XII.

UNT goes to cUSA.

I think you are quite dead on with this. A&M has a strong foothold in Houston and always has. The logical replacement would be to snag Houston. That opens up CUSA. There is no other school in Houston that is worthy. Rice is already there so CUSA has a presence. I anticipate they will consider replacing Houston with another school in Texas. We will have a shot and we are much better positioned than the last time when UTEP beat us out...Can you say night and day? Very exciting.

Predictions

Texas A&M goes SEC. They won't win many SEC championships but no big deal. They've never won many conference championships. They'll be happy. Being a medium/small fish in a big pond ain't bad - ask Vanderbilt.

Texas stays in the Big XII as long as OU is in the Big XII. Two top 10 programs is good enough.

UNT goes to cUSA.

I concur. I'll be a little jealous of Houston, but I'll take their USA spot in a flash. If this all moves quickly, we'll have to knock their newly acquired big heads down to size come September 10th.

• Upvote 1

Predictions

UNT goes to cUSA.

We might see a couple other CUSA moveups. UCF and East Carolina to the ACC? That could shift CUSA's footprint further west allowing others to join further west.

CUSA east:

Marshall

Memphis

UAB

Troy

USM

Tulane

CUSA west:

UNT

UTEP

Rice

Smut

Tulsa

La Tech

UT isnt going to go independent. It makes no sense for any other sport, and UT values their other sports.

The Big 12 would do well to add UH, else they can hand over the Houston market to the SEC. It's already on it's way with all the LSU fans.

If only A&M leaves, the Big 12 might just sit pat at 9 for now. Whatever market share Houston delivers probably wouldn't make up for the extra slice of the pie they would take. BYU would probably make a lot more sense, but I'm not sure how their TV contract would impact things. If Missouri also leaves then I'm pretty sure the conference will fall apart with only 5 or 6 members left at the end of the day. Those left will either dissolve the conference and go elsewhere or add a mixture of MWC and C-USA teams to become a second coming of the 16 team WAC of the 90s (albiet slightly improved).

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth

There is no way UT stays in the Big XII with Boise as a member.

The demise of UT football began when Colt McCoy took his dive in the BCS title game, and it continues to spiral downward. McCoy proved that the lure of the NFL was much more important to him than winning a national BCS title. Look for UT/OU to pursue their original plan and head for what will be the PAC 16. Notre Dame will stay independent and Missouri will join Neb. in the Big Ten.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you are quite dead on with this. A&M has a strong foothold in Houston and always has. The logical replacement would be to snag Houston. That opens up CUSA. There is no other school in Houston that is worthy. Rice is already there so CUSA has a presence. I anticipate they will consider replacing Houston with another school in Texas. We will have a shot and we are much better positioned than the last time when UTEP beat us out...Can you say night and day? Very exciting.

Three words describe why this will never,ever happen (I am sad to say) ---Southern Methodist University :growl:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

With all due respect. SMU does not control or have any influence on how bright this Green can glow.

We are actually having dominos fall our way for a change. We are on our way to the Big 12 or the new SWC.

GMG

Rock the Big A on 9.10.11

• Upvote 2