Vito story on last night's Junior Day

SUMG

Awesome news. This is big time stuff, coming from big time leadership of our football program. The investments (finally) this University has made in the entire program is going to pay dividends. This place has the ability to be big time, and will be in due time now that the pieces are in place.

And I hope we get Boone Feldt, Gerron Ballard, and a good QB out of this weekend (there were over 40 there last night).

Edited by UNT Mean Green

I found this Vito comment interesting-

"I also talked to Craig Robertson for a couple of minutes. He said he had not signed a free agent contract with anyone yet, but that he is talking to Jacksonville."

Thought Craig was going to forgo the Pros and go to grad school? Hope he gets picked up by the Jags and gives the Pros a try.

Edited by DeepGreen

I wish Vito would stop being all doom and gloom about UNT...

Apparently Vito had a hall pass for the event

I was given the OK last night to come by UNT's new stadium for one big recruiting event. UNT had about 300 high school juniors at the stadium under the lights

Since I would like to be allowed to come back again, if UNT hosts another event like this one, I won't mention specifically who I think I saw

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 2

I found this Vito comment interesting-

"I also talked to Craig Robertson for a couple of minutes. He said he had not signed a free agent contract with anyone yet, but that he is talking to Jacksonville."

Thought Craig was going to forgo the Pros and go to grad school? Hope he gets picked up by the Jags and gives the Pros a try.

Speaking of Craig, he is today's release (#42) on MGS 100D100M series. I knew he was great, but wow!

• Upvote 1

And so the anti-UNT bit by Vito continues. Why does this guy come across so bitter? ;)

UNT has a lot to sell at this point in its history, and the two biggest factors of all are the new stadium and the new staff.

Last night was the first time I have been in the stadium at night. I keep mentioning how great the place is. It might be an even more impressive place at night than it is during the day. There is just something about it.

He came back into the stands during a break and said this was the best camp he had been to all summer. And his family was clearly shopping him for a scholarship.

Stay tuned. I can't imagine UNT not pulling at least a couple of commitments in the next couple of days after the show it put on last night.
  • Upvote 3

And so the anti-UNT bit by Vito continues. Why does this guy come across so bitter? ;)

Make jokes all you want but you cant deny he's not doing a good enough job covering the off-season. I heard from a very reliable source that Thursday was Salisbury steak day in the Victory Hall cafeteria. How many players ate the steak!!??? Well, Vito...how many? I think we should have him fired and let the legions of other people covering NT athletics take over.

• Upvote 6

This is excellent news, indeed. It's the sort of thing "big time" program do and the sort of thing that will get UNT on the radar screens of many more HS recruits in the future. Coach mac has put together a very experienced staff and RV has put together some of the best facilities in the country. The Mean green will soon...very soon...once again be a force to be reckoned with in the D1 football ranks.

Got to say hi to Coach Chico this morning when I dropped my bride off for the Women's Football Clinic. As always, he was upbeat, smiling and full of energy. I just am so glad UNT has Coach Chio running the offense. Every coach I saw this morning was upbeat, positive and seemed excited to be hosting all the ladies...and speaking of the ladies, sure looked like it was going to be a big crowd this year.

See you at the Kickoof Cookout this evening...this is going to be a great start to the 2011 season. Let's get it going!

GO MEAN GREEN & WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED!!!!!

• Upvote 2