C-USA Stadiums

Now tell us which of those stadium ARE NOT on campus facilities? UAB, Memphis, Tulane, UTEP?

And whats with the Rice stadium with fans in it? Photoshopped in???

I think it is just UAB, Memphis, and Tulane. Tulane I beleive is floating the balloon of an oncampus, but who knows....

First college game I attended as a kid was at Rice Stadium. I can almost see the exact area on the press box side my 2 school friends, their dad and myself sat. Can also conjure up even now that college football stadium Game Day smell that is so unique at a college football game. Only thing missing from that aroma of decades past are cigar and pipe smoke.

For the Mean Green Stadium the honest to goodness first thing I am going to observe for the first time in our modern history is a unified "impressive" major college football game crowd noise coming from both sides of the stadium, especially when our North Texas cheerleaders let loose on that yell of.................

"NORTH"....

"TEXAS"...

from both sides of the stadium.

We will all notice a huge difference in the decibal levels from now on at our Mean Green Stadium.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Joan C Edwards Stadium looks nothing like Fouts.......

All time Record: 118-19 (.866) Best home record in DI

I didn't know that; pretty dang impressive. Alabama would be second, MGN. To the Crimson Tide's credit, they have been in their current stadium since 1929 and never had the luxury of playing AA teams/playoffs.

HerdZone, do you happen to know Marshall's home record since 1997 when ya'll moved up to D1/FBS?

Also, any idea why there is a discrepancy between the record you quote (stated on the Wiki) when compared to the record quoted on Marshall's official athletics site?

(welcome to the board)

Edited by greenminer

Pic from the endzone

dowdy-ficklen-endzone.jpg

Only drawing from pictures I've seen on the web, but I've always thought that East Carolina has one of the nicest, if not the nicest, non-AQ stadium in the country. And it's way nicer than many of the AQ stadiums. And......it's always full of fans! IMHO, the Big East should just pull the trigger and invite East Carolina as a new, full member. Big East candidates that we hear about, Houston, Memphis, Central Florida, don't hold a candle to EC.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1