ALUMNI PAVILION SET TO OPEN

KRAM1

The new ALUMNI PAVILION is set to open along with the new MEAN GREEN STADIUM on Sept. 10th.

If I were capable I would post a photo of the pavilion, but each time I try GMG.Com tells me the file is too big...sorry. maybe someone else can help.

The Pavilion will open three hours before game time on Sept. 10th (and for each home game) and will be open to the public for the first game. The 2000-square-foot pavilion will include space for 150 (inside...with plenty of additional room outside), three high-definition TV's, misting fans, food/beverage stations, etc. Six garage doors will convert the pavilion into an open-air facility and open up to the 3,200-square-foot outdoor patio with views of the stadium.

Membership in the UNT Alumni Association will be required for entry to the pavilion for all games following the Houston game on September 10th. Alumni and friends can also renew or register for membership at the pavilion or purchase a temporary membership for $10 for entry into the pavilion for one day.

The great news is that the Pavilion is 100% funded as far as construction is concerned. However, the association is still accepting contributions for on-going maintenance and other expenses. Contribution options are available starting at $100. Pavilion markers will continue to be reserved and installed on an on-going basis. For those who purchased markers (brick pavers) early, come out on the 10th and look for your paver.

The Alumni Pavilion will be a great place to meet and mingle prior to games. In addition, the Alumni Pavilion will be available to host other events throughout the year.

Hope to see you at the Pavilion before the Houston game on Sept. 10th.

By the way...it's a bargain to join the Alumni Association. You can join for way less than the cost of guest memberships for the season. Join/renew your membership now and be ready to "Meet at the Pavilion" on September 10th! See you there.

Now...can someone please post the photo? :thumbsu:

• Upvote 5

The new ALUMNI PAVILION is set to open along with the new MEAN GREEN STADIUM on Sept. 10th.

If I were capable I would post a photo of the pavilion, but each time I try GMG.Com tells me the file is too big...sorry. maybe someone else can help.

The Pavilion will open three hours before game time on Sept. 10th (and for each home game) and will be open to the public for the first game. The 2000-square-foot pavilion will include space for 150 (inside...with plenty of additional room outside), three high-definition TV's, misting fans, food/beverage stations, etc. Six garage doors will convert the pavilion into an open-air facility and open up to the 3,200-square-foot outdoor patio with views of the stadium.

Hooters wet tshirt contest. That will bring everyone over to the field and away from fouts parking lot. :pic:

Edited by Green2012
  • Upvote 1

Mark (MDH) thanks for getting the photo up for me. And, thanks to LongJim for the offer to help as well. Much appreciate the technical assistance here. I guess I need a 12 year old neighbor kid to follow me around and handle all this "hi tech" stuff for me so i don't have to bother you guys...thanks again.

Looks great, doesn't it?

GO UNT ALUMNI...GO MEAN GREEN!

Building looks fantastic. If I had to nit pick at it...the signage on the building doesn't fit and cheapens the look of it.

I know you need the lettering that large to let people know what it is. But I'd rather see a larger sign separate on the outside of the buidling and reduce the size of the actual lettering on the building.

Perhaps that can be upgraded in the future.

• Downvote 1

The Alumni Pavilion is a wonderful, unique touch to the new stadium and the gameday experience. It's really a cool deal all-together and will provide a great gathering spot on gamedays. And I will not nit-pick it, I personally think the architecture for what function the building will be serving is perfect (and signage that large could be a good thing, as there may be some older folks wondering what that is).

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hooters wet tshirt contest. That will bring everyone over to the field and away from fouts parking lot. :pic:

To be honest, Hooters in Denton has gone down hill.

Mainly because they lack any sign of "hooters"

Twin Peaks, Red Neck Heaven and Tilted Kilt in Lewisville are alot more fun with better food,prices, atmosphere and drink selections.

IMHO

GMG

To be honest, Hooters in Denton has gone down hill.

Mainly because they lack any sign of "hooters"

Twin Peaks, Red Neck Heaven and Tilted Kilt in Lewisville are alot more fun with better food,prices, atmosphere and drink selections.

IMHO

GMG

There is an abundant amount of nice hooters on campus

• Upvote 2

Alumni members with single memberships can, indeed, bring one guest...joint memberships are allowed two guests.

While you are taking questions and I'm planning ahead to take strangers -- do both joint members have to be there to get the two guests in? I'm only asking for an oddly specific conflict further into the season.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1

While you are taking questions and I'm planning ahead to take strangers -- do both joint members have to be there to get the two guests in? I'm only asking for an oddly specific conflict further into the season.

You know, that's a great question...and I do not know the specific answer. Of course, it doesn't matter for the first game as there will be no restrictions on that game admittance-wise. If I am around when you arrive, look me up and I'll get you my two "guest" passes as I will probably just be there with my bride working our current scholarship fund-raiser program.

I am 100% certain all these details can and will eb worked out...it may be a work in progress, so i don't expect things to be too restrictive this forst season. Time will tell, huh?

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2