RV on Channel 8 this AM

UNT90

I am simply thrilled by all the great PR UNT is getting these days. Wait until that big donor announcement on Aug. 15th and see what other great PR UNT gets...along with a VERY big commitment...I am hearing that it is in the neighborhood of $20million +.

Things just keep getting better for UNT. It's a great time to be a member of the MEAN GREEN NATION!

GO MEAN GREEN & WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED!

• Upvote 3

I am simply thrilled by all the great PR UNT is getting these days. Wait until that big donor announcement on Aug. 15th and see what other great PR UNT gets...along with a VERY big commitment...I am hearing that it is in the neighborhood of $20million +.

Things just keep getting better for UNT. It's a great time to be a member of the MEAN GREEN NATION!

GO MEAN GREEN & WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED!

Obviously only the powers that be know the story as of now but I can almost guarantee this donation is somehow linked to Dmac getting out into the public. The man's enthusiasm is infectious. We as fans/students really need to match our department's effort in bringing in fans this year. Paying for the groups tailgating beverages always seems to be a good tactic.

• Upvote 1

Obviously only the powers that be know the story as of now but I can almost guarantee this donation is somehow linked to Dmac getting out into the public. The man's enthusiasm is infectious. We as fans/students really need to match our department's effort in bringing in fans this year. Paying for the groups tailgating beverages always seems to be a good tactic.

Had a co-worker stop me on my way to my desk today. He said "Hey man that new stadium of yours looks really good...I saw it from the highway"

And in unrelated, but highly entertaining, news I got an email in my work inbox inviting me to fill out a form to request as many tickets as I want to SMU's home opener. Gotta admit, if we weren't opening a superior stadium that day I'd take in some free football...and root for UTEP.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

Had a co-worker stop me on my way to my desk today. He said "Hey man that new stadium of yours looks really good...I saw it from the highway"

And in unrelated, but highly entertaining, news I got an email in my work inbox inviting me to fill out a form to request as many tickets as I want to SMU's home opener. Gotta admit, if we weren't opening a superior stadium that day I'd take in some free football...and root for UTEP.

Don't -1 Emmitt...he brings on great point that a loud and very green rooting section at SMU games would be awesome. Taunt their fans into wanting to play us and drive up the rivalry even more so.

Don't -1 Emmitt...he brings on great point that a loud and very green rooting section at SMU games would be awesome. Taunt their fans into wanting to play us and drive up the rivalry even more so.

It is an on going joke among Minerland that the orange will outnumber Red at most Dallas games. I don't know if that is 100% true, but I have been to a couple SMU-UTEP bball games (in Dallas) and it is consistent with my experience.

I also don't think it's a knock on SMU attendance so much as praise for the Dallas-area UTEP alumni base. They are one of their Alumni Association's largest and most vocal chapters.

Anyways, I would love to see more Mean Green in the stands when @ SMU. It's very doable, no?