Matt Simon hired as RB Coach @Buffalo

Harry

The University at Buffalo has hired Matt Simon to coach running backs, head football coach Jeff Quinn announced Friday.     

Simon has 30 years of coaching experience and has been of staffs what have won both a national championship and a Super Bowl title. He fills the vacancy created when Mike Daniels resigned for personal reasons. He brings a tremendous resume built upon 11 years of coaching in the National Football League and 18 years at the collegiate level, including serving as the head coach at the University of North Texas for three seasons.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article458137.ece

What?

Was it also a Simon team that, although already down by a bunch to Oklahoma, sent our punting team in on 4th down and our punter was not in formation when the ball was snapped?

Oh Yeah. I was at that game. We were on like the 5 yard line, and the ball was snapped out of the back of the endzone resulting in a safety I believe.

• Upvote 1

Oh Yeah. I was at that game. We were on like the 5 yard line, and the ball was snapped out of the back of the endzone resulting in a safety I believe.

If you think it was fun watching that from the stands, you should have been standing right next to Coach Simon as the ball landed at the back of the end zone, and miraculously, rolled out of the end zone for a safety.

Simon was a bad guy in his day at UNT, but I hope that time has changed the guy today (I'm sure he has). He got fired here because of ego, nothing more, nothing less. Yes, he had a terrible AD, but even that AD knew that Simon was a timebomb. Maybe things will get better for him in Buffalo now.