Rotnei Clarke

greeninok

Rotnei Clarke was released from Arkansas earlier this week. It would be nice to have a shot to get him, even though he would only have 1 year of eligibility after sitting out a year. There is a little baggage with the family wanting to always have their 2 cents. He is a great shooter and would be able to fill it up in the Belt. More than likely I figure he will end up at ORU or Tulsa, but it would nice to get lucky and have him show up on campus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shooting guard.

All-time leading scorer in OK high school history.

Rivals 3-star

6'0 184 lbs

Finished his JR year at AK as 2nd team All-SEC

Would sit 2011-12 and finish his career the following season.

How would another guard make our back court look? We don't need need him, but would it be okay given his lights-out shot and that this is a guard-oriented league? Hard to say right now* because we have this solid class in the wings and I'd love to see how the 1s/2s play out.

*or is this a no-brainer?

Jesus guys....there are some that think that some fans were hard on Riley for leaving. Check out these comments

Rotnei Clarke

I checked the Razorbacks forum a few days ago... There are 4 or 5 threads on there that would make me hire a bodyguard if I were a Clarke.

i moved to arkansas in dec...my friend goes to U of A and invited me to their game vs Tenn in Jan...Rotnei Clarke may have been the best pure shooter i have ever seen....and that was the only game i have ever seen him in....if he had any interest in coming to UNT, we need to give him a scholarship signed, sealed and delivered...

get on the phone....for sure! DO NOT be surprised if he goes with either Tulsa or OSU though. Would we really want him just for one year? Would we want two players in 2 yrs that will not/probably will not play more than 1 yr?

Better(?) question, if we don't get an appeal granted (like usual) we could have what, only 10 scholarship players eligible to play for us until Tony is cleared to play after the fall semester? That would be cause for worry, especially if injuries hit us again.

This assumes of course that the last scholly could go to a player who would and could play immediately. If we were just going to pocket it anyway I would be cool with a transfer.

Would we really want him just for one year? Would we want two players in 2 yrs that will not/probably will not play more than 1 yr?

I can only hope that we become a team with a reputation for recruiting top-notch players who are "one and done" (though I realize Clarke is one and done only b/c of eligibility). That is a "problem" I'd really like to have.

Edited by chrisfisher

Better(?) question, if we don't get an appeal granted (like usual) we could have what, only 10 scholarship players eligible to play for us until Tony is cleared to play after the fall semester? That would be cause for worry, especially if injuries hit us again.

This assumes of course that the last scholly could go to a player who would and could play immediately. If we were just going to pocket it anyway I would be cool with a transfer.

I'm hearing you are fearing Frankkin won't get the waiver and that's a legit concern IMO

This thread blew up!

Do we have any ties to the kid or his coaches? Any hints that he is even looking at us, or us at him?

No.

But there IS a guy out there in transfer limbo that's a solid recruit, at a need position, who would have 3 years of eligibility remaining after his transfer year. AND we have ties to the kid, AND we have reason to believe he's considering us since we were a finalist for him before he went to San Diego.

Trevor Fuller - Phil Pressey's old teammate at Episcopal. Got his release almost exactly one month ago, very quiet since then. NT03 thinks he may be looking at an Ivy League school, but nothing seems to be happening there.

Not a ninjaface or anything, but definitely a player to keep an eye on.

Will probably land at OU if OU will have him. Didn't get along with some of his AAU teammates so he could be a problem in the lockeroom.

Other transfer news , former Tech guard Jamel Outler chooses UTA. Not sure if we were ever interested , but another good get for Mr Scott Cross

* Matino's Brock departure is now official. The former South Bama star has landed @ South Florida

* This 2011 will be eligible immediately: Kopriva. Asked for release from Vermont after coaching change. If our coaches get a vibe that Franklin might not be eligible , they will probably want to fill that last ship with a F

Edited by NT03