Mgc Volunteer Rep Program Ends On 5/31

Green59

The Mean Green Club Volunteer Representative Program will conclude in two weeks. As a volunteer rep committed to growing the MGC, I ask that if you are interested in joining or renewing your membership then send me a PM with your name and email address. I will then forward you the pertinent membership information.

• Upvote 2

i would rather have the paid and experienced salesforce make more contacts and calls. no offense to the reps but i would not expect to buy a car from just a fan of a dealership. how about more billboards and ads? get school marketing classes to help out with handbills or info to parents of students.

The more donations to the Mean Green Club, the more Athletic Department funds are freed up to do things like potentially hiring a sales force. Instead the Athletic Department has to supplement the costs of the 350 student athlete scholarships that ideally would have been completely covered by donations. It's a big circle, but the bottom line is that every donation helps improve what the Athletic Department can do each year.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

i would rather have the paid and experienced salesforce make more contacts and calls. no offense to the reps but i would not expect to buy a car from just a fan of a dealership. how about more billboards and ads? get school marketing classes to help out with handbills or info to parents of students.

But, would you be more likely to buy a car if a friend came to you, told you he had already bought a car from that dealership, how happy he was with the experience, and that he will continue to give that dealership his business? That is kind of the idea. This program has very low overhead for the AD and has the advantage of having Alumni talking to their friends and follow disconnected Alumni about getting involved in UNT athletics.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

in case you had not noticed we hired about six new salespeople for athletics in the past year plus a few interns

Those are the brain children of the Mean Green Club Rep. Program. They are doing a fantastic job. The reps suppliment what these folks do. We work with them quite a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

if fantastic is in terms of finding someone else to do the grunt work then sure. they are the paid sales people and should be on the phone selling too. maybe they are. we will see when the mgc lists come out in the football program if the club has grown.

judging by the lame turnout at the coaching caravans it is still the same fans who normally show up at these events. no new faces. mac will know them all soon by name. i don't know the ways to improve membership but more contact from official sellers wouldn't hurt.

In getting an army of people to go out and start ringing people you need a pile of cash to pay to pay those people, unless you can find volunteers to man the phone banks. Are you willing to donate the needed cash or volunteer some of your time?

• Upvote 1

I think the Mean Green Club Rep program was a great idea and long overdue for the Mean Green. The folks UNT has hired to move this program forward are doing a great job of working with the volunteer reps and finding new members on their own. It's a start and I find some of those who tend to find something to complain about a bit like the "grumpy old guy" who thinks everything is dumb, bad or 'they should have asked me because I know better". Funny how some folks like to find the negatives in even some great news...like a paid staff for UNT working daily to help improve the program and gain supporters, ticket buyers, Club members, etc. What, does anyone here really think it's an easy job at UNT to increase support levels? Does anyone think it can be done overnight after all the years of neglect by UNT "fan base"? This "ain't easy", and it will not happen overnight, and, yes, there will be mistakes made along the way...so be it! Steps are being taken to improve this program every day...why knock the efforts being made?

It is more fun to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem and part of the past. The past is the past and it's GONE! It's a new day for the Mean Green and one that has taken a pretty long time in getting here for the Mean green faithful. Time to leave the past behind and get on with the moving forward.

All volunteers are welcome and all donations...big or small...are welcome. So, enjoy being part of the new Mean Green. It has really been fun so far, and it's only going to get better.

See you in Ft. Worth for tonight's Caravan....I'm guessing that if you have been around this program for awhile you will not find the attendance "lame" as one of our members posted earlier. I remember meetings with Coaching staff members present when you could count the attendance on both hands and have a finger or two left over. Lame this new attendance is not...should there be more...OF COURSE...will there be more...ABSOLUTELY. Come be part of the solution.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Downvote 2

I don't know why Love's comments were deleted, but to his assertion that he would like to be contacted by phone by an athletic staffer, my question would be:

Then you wouldn't want to be contacted by someone who shares a common interest, who would be willing to contact you multiple times, maybe even invite you to an organized UNT activity (you know, like a tailgating event where you could become involved with other Alumni), constantly keep you updated with what is going on in the sports programs at UNT.

You would instead prefer one phone call, from a staff member, asking you for money.

You must be the only human alive that likes telephone solicitors. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2