Coach Mac Speaks To Sigma Phi Ep

ColoradoEagle

This is such great stuff. It is going to do wonders for the attendance at UNT home games and should build support for a new generation of UNT students to look forward to attending games. All our coaches need to be doing this sort of work, and I hope it builds and isn't just a "first year-new HC" sort of thing. I don't think it is, but we'll see about that going forward. For now, this is fantastic. If Coach Mac's efforts are not rewarded with increased attendance it would be very sad and make quite a statement about UNT. Winning and this type of effort will turn the tide for UNT. You have to start with this sort of effort both on and off the field. So far, so good.

Thank you Coach Mac and thanks to everyone who is helping to set these meetings up for Coach Mac. Excellent stuff...excellent!

• Upvote 1

This is what it takes. The program, and the tradition at any school is painstakingly built, picked up, and carried by every class. It is never handed down, and must be nurtured at all times.

McCarney and his staff are reaching back to UNT's past, and attempting to reach UNT's future. Very exciting to see. It will pay dividends.

• Upvote 1

This is such great stuff. It is going to do wonders for the attendance at UNT home games and should build support for a new generation of UNT students to look forward to attending games. All our coaches need to be doing this sort of work, and I hope it builds and isn't just a "first year-new HC" sort of thing. I don't think it is, but we'll see about that going forward. For now, this is fantastic. If Coach Mac's efforts are not rewarded with increased attendance it would be very sad and make quite a statement about UNT. Winning and this type of effort will turn the tide for UNT. You have to start with this sort of effort both on and off the field. So far, so good.

Thank you Coach Mac and thanks to everyone who is helping to set these meetings up for Coach Mac. Excellent stuff...excellent!

Gonna say a couple things on attendance predictions:

1.) 25k at the Rice game....people came out to see a team that had been demolished time and time again...but we lost in a game we should have won. Either way...we had the chance to make an impression on those that showed and to keep them coming back. It was very disheartening to most to see Nathan go down with injury though and many probably thought "there goes the season" at that point. We however knew better because we knew that Derrick would be a very capable QB.

2.) New stadium...the only downside is that students will have to hike to get to it but how could they not come out in force for the new stadium?

3.) Winning.....if he can win at least one game that we weren't supposed to....he can keep the momentum. No matter what happens with Houston I just hope that people realize that Houston is a better team than some would think. To your average "fan" of football they may not believe or understand that Houston has been very competitive in the past few years and that losing to them shows that we are in a sickly state...still. This is irrelevant though since I have UNT for the win!