Has Anybody Else Noticed...

Right now, they're ranked #3 in Belt recruiting, but their average recruit's star rating is 2.45. Troy's average star ranking is only 1.00.

WKY has also brought in recruits like RB Quarterrio Morgan, who chose WKY over Georgia Tech and a couple of Big 10 schools. Terran Williams chose WKY over South Florida and Iowa State. Champ Lewis had offers from Kentucky, Maryland, and Vanderbilt.

Point being, with this kind of recruiting, I don't look for them to be the pushover on the Belt schedule much longer.

Right now, they're ranked #3 in Belt recruiting, but their average recruit's star rating is 2.45. Troy's average star ranking is only 1.00.

WKY has also brought in recruits like RB Quarterrio Morgan, who chose WKY over Georgia Tech and a couple of Big 10 schools. Terran Williams chose WKY over South Florida and Iowa State. Champ Lewis had offers from Kentucky, Maryland, and Vanderbilt.

Point being, with this kind of recruiting, I don't look for them to be the pushover on the Belt schedule much longer.

How many of these guys are academic stretches? Looks great on paper, but if they never make it on campus it means nothing, but better Belt Teams leads to better national perception when we continue to whip them.

We have a 2.29 Star Average right now, which is 2nd highest in the SBC. Also, our ranking will move up once all of the new guys that committed show up on rivals. I would not be surprised if WKU moves down a few spots when all is said and done. They are doing a pretty good job though.

We are now a 2.25 average with 12 verbals with Osborn, Jones, Power at 3* and the rest are 2's

Still has us as #2 in the Belt. WKU is pulling in an impressive class no doubt. Now can we see if Clint can get them to change their minds (the 3*s)?

The bottom line is that though some of our players are two stars either their video productions are lying or these kids have raw and overlooked talent.

Yes, I noticed a trend starting last year. Their new coach, Willie Taggart (hired last season from Stanford) isn't afraid to go after the top talent. It would appear that Taggart extends offers to just about every player they contact. At one point last year, I seem to recall Western Kentucky had extended somewhere around 200 scholarship offers and, as of today, they have 146 offers out for the 2011 class. Compared that to our 71 for 2011. Now, obviously, they aren't going to sign even 1/4 of those but, at least, they are trying. They just missed on a couple of 4 stars last year.

Like one TV sportscaster said about TCU: "They recruit a bunch of 1 or 2 (sometimes 3 star) recruits who turn into 4 or 5 star recruits before they leave Fort Worth."

I think that is what we of UNT can expect, too, but I re-iterate that our 1 or 2 star recruits we do sign most all need to be able to run like the wind before they report to their first Mean Green 2-A-Days.