Too Bad We Don't Have A Different Person Making The Hiring Choices

MeanGreenHoops

First we hire Dodge, which was a overreaction to the jerk Darrel Dickey. Now we hire McCarney, which is an overreaction to the "no head coach experience" Dodge hire.

Like all of us our strengths can also be our weakness, Rick's strength (his emotion and wanting to please the supporters) is also his Achilles heal. I hope this works out, because Chico is for real.

Please don't read this as a negative for Rick. He's a great man and I'm glad to have him as the AD.

Edited by MeanGreenHoops
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Just read Emmitt's post and the comments he got from RV about the decision makers above him. Oh well, then I feel sorry for RV. Because he probably would have hired Canales since he does wear his emotions on his sleeve, which Is what makes him great for NT.

Making big decisions based on emotion is stupid. It should be a cold, calculated decision based on quantifiable factors that can be plugged into a spreadsheet and crunched into the best outcome.

• Upvote 2

Obviously, I'm going to be a little biased for my former coach, but let's break it down.

You've got the administration and the fans. If the fans were to make a decision, it'll be vastly based on emotion. After all, if they like a guy, they think he's great and will win no matter what.

Then you've got the administration, who's job may be very well put on the line with every hire.

So, who would you trust more to make the right decision, the fans who are emotionally invested in a guy they like or the administration, who could very well lose their job if they make the wrong decision? Personally, I think the guy who can lose his job is a lot more likely to do as much research as possible to get the right person for the job.

• Upvote 1

Like I have posted before, the people who are charged with making this decision will (and did) make the very best decision they can. I do not for one second believe that RV was "forced" into this hire. While this choice was not my first choice, I did not get a vote as to the actual hire. So it should be. Those that think RV was "made" or "forced" into this hire may not have the full info on the matter. Even things said in person can be misunderstood and/or framed from a certain perspective. The decision will be based, in the long run, on the way the program goes under Coach McCarney and not on anything else.

It's time to get on the McCarney "bandwagon" and welcome him as the new head coach for the Mean Green. It is done...all speculation can now cease,

GO MEAN GREEN!