Rv-How Am I Supposed To Get Behind Dan Mccarney

UNTMike81

Thanks RV for giving Coach Mike Canales a real shot at the UNT job!!! Offer Dan McCarney the job before the K-State game!!! Did you ever coach a team with so many injuries to a 49-41 loss to K-State!!! Maybe Bill Snyder has the good since to offer Coach Canales a job on his staff after all this is said and done. Maybe another BCS team will pick coach Canales a job. If not, maybe you'll schedule on of Mike Canales's coach teams to a game here at the new stadium once he's a head coach somewhere.

Time will tell...this doesn't look good at all. I hope you have a lot of big time doner's ready to give Million buck's to UNT based on this hire.

Now I get to follow the career of Coach Mike Canales from a far. Way to alienate the fan base!!!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

Thanks RV for giving Coach Mike Canales a real shot at the UNT job!!! Offer Dan McCarney the job before the K-State game!!! Did you ever coach a team with so many injuries to a 49-41 loss to K-State!!! Maybe Bill Snyder has the good since to offer Coach Canales a job on his staff after all this is said and done. Maybe another BCS team will pick coach Canales a job. If not, maybe you'll schedule on of Mike Canales's coach teams to a game here at the new stadium once he's a head coach somewhere.

Time will tell...this doesn't look good at all. I hope you have a lot of big time doner's ready to give Million buck's to UNT based on this hire.

Now I get to follow the career of Coach Mike Canales from a far. Way to alienate the fan base!!!

There is that little detail that the fans clearly wanted a new coach that had experience as a BCS level head coach. Canales is going to be a great head coach someplace, someday. Just not here, now.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

RV stated a long time ago, the decision would be made by the KSU game. When was the decision made, who knows, but it was obvious that the KSU game would not play into the decision. I'm not sure if Canales was ever a strong consideration which in my opinion was a big mistake. You can fault RV with a lot of things, but I don't think he led Canales on, in fact he seems to go out of his way to indicate the opposite.

• Upvote 2

RV stated a long time ago, the decision would be made by the KSU game. When was the decision made, who knows, but it was obvious that the KSU game would not play into the decision. I'm not sure if Canales was ever a strong consideration which in my opinion was a big mistake. You can fault RV with a lot of things, but I don't think he led Canales on, in fact he seems to go out of his way to indicate the opposite.

That was very clear for all the public statements including the podcasts here. Canales could apply. But sometimes you completely clean house. Funny, a couple of weeks ago people posting here were complaining about NOT cleaning house.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There is that little detail that the fans clearly wanted a new coach that had experience as a BCS level head coach. Canales is going to be a great head coach someplace, someday. Just not here, now.

Really!!! Then hire a coach with a winning BCS record!!! I wonder if the new coach was represented by Neinas? If so, pretty good gid making money on both ends of the equation. Why doesn't our new coach have to be accountable for the season Florida has endured. Why don't we ask the Florida fans if they're happy with our new coach's record!!! Seems to me plenty of SEC school's took Florida to the wood shipper this year!!! Bet you Florida didn't lose 14 to 17 starter on their team either!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah this is pretty disappointing. So many hopes for this team and this opportunity, then one presents itself that the greater UNT Community can rally behind and participate in and we botch it.

I will wait and see what happens with Dan but I have many questions about my University. I invest a lot of time, emotional energy and resources to support this team. The fact that I am so unenthused with this hire is simply bizarre.

Poetic justice would be having Canales end up in Cajun land and coming back and kicking our arse. I would get a big smile and cheer him on.

Dan, sir, you have much work to do. Please introduce yourself and get to work as hard as my interim head coach has done for the past 5 weeks.

If you have any hesitation about how much work you have ahead of you, please decline this offer and do not come to DFW.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you girls are a load. support the school and stop crying.

I do support UNT!!! Not call me a girl behind a computer key board!!! The consultant made a load of money on this deal and the deal stinks!!! Now I'm supposed to love the lemon of a car I bought off the lot. No thanks!!! I was a coach work his tail off and make football players believer's now I'm supposed to believe in 56-85 at the all mighty ISU. Give me a break!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

81 you are not alone. No matter how much this person dismisses anyone concerned, disturbed and flat out unenthusiastic about this hire, know that you are not the only one that expected more.

1. I wanted coach C because he wanted us and proved he could inspire the program and fanbase.

2. If not coach C I expected a name that would provide that splash we were promised.

3. I never thought I would see a gentleman with a losing record from a lackluster program be "the One" to lead us onto the national stage

I am disgusted inside but calm. I know there is nothing we can do at this point but continue to tailgate and create memories with Mean Green friends. In 4 years maybe some of the above 3 goals will be realized.

You are not dismissed. You are not alone. Question. Question. Question.

Long live the Green Tea Party Express.

I wanted coach C because he wanted us ... I am disgusted inside but calm. I know there is nothing we can do at this point but continue to tailgate and create memories with Mean Green friends. ... You are not dismissed. You are not alone. Question. Question. Question.

You wanted Canales because he wanted us?

Dude. I hate to break this to you, but Canales said all of those things to get a head coaching job. He will say them to the fans at the next university that considers him for its vacancy.

He didn't want us. He wanted a job!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

this is just an opinion, but coach chico was basically a fallback position if we we unable to hire a proven head coach. most on this board initially wanted an experienced head coach, and this is what we got. coach chico was given a small window to showcase his coaching skills, and certainly made the most of it, which should help him in his quest to become a head coach. what hurt him was the dodge disaster, which forced the decision makers to go for safe. they just could not take another chance as too much riding on outcome of this hire. while mccarney would not have been my preference, be brings a lot to the table and has had some measure of success in a difficult setting at iowa state. remember that we have had only 5 winning seasons in the past 30 years, and have won only a dozen or so games the last 6 years. even with a new stadium, which only gets us up to speed, we are not exactly a " chick magnet". my suggestion is that all of us put aside our differences regarding the selection of mccarney and continue to support north texas athletics. who knows. we may have just hired another hayden fry.

You wanted Canales because he wanted us?

Dude. I hate to break this to you, but Canales said all of those things to get a head coaching job. He will say them to the fans at the next university that considers him for its vacancy.

He didn't want us. He wanted a job!

This is the absolute hard truth.

Canales will almost assuredly not be a head coach next year, how could you sell him to a fan base outside Denton?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2