Sometimes a player's entire career is judged by a single play. Leon Lett had a long and productive career as an above average interior defensive lineman in the NFL. Mention his name today to any Cowboy (or football, for that matter) fan and all you will here about is the Thanksgiving day game against Miami where he lost the game with a boneheaded play on a blocked field goal (a minority may bring up the fumble in the superbowl, but not nearly as many).

Welcome, Roy Williams, to forever being remembered as the guy that fumbled away a sure victory against the defending Super Bowl Champions on Thanksgiving, 2010, in front of a national TV audience. The 12 year olds of today will forever identify you by this one defining moment. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Hook 'em.

• Downvote 1

Sometimes a player's entire career is judged by a single play. Leon Lett had a long and productive career as an above average interior defensive lineman in the NFL. Mention his name today to any Cowboy (or football, for that matter) fan and all you will here about is the Thanksgiving day game against Miami where he lost the game with a boneheaded play on a blocked field goal (a minority may bring up the fumble in the superbowl, but not nearly as many).

Welcome, Roy Williams, to forever being remembered as the guy that fumbled away a sure victory against the defending Super Bowl Champions on Thanksgiving, 2010, in front of a national TV audience. The 12 year olds of today will forever identify you by this one defining moment. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Hook 'em.

Sad thing is that this is the second time this year he's fumbled a game away. Happened against either the Bears or Skins earlier this year.

Let he who has never fumbled cast the first stone! Man, I feel for the guy. Great catch and great run, but terrible result. I wonder if it would have mattered if the defense could have made a stop? Yep, Williams may well be remembered for this fumble, but it certainly did not cause the game to be lost. It just added to the mistakes made by the Cowboys in allowing NO to get so far ahead in the first quarter. Just think...one stop and this fumble would not have mattered.

No, not taking up for Roy, he's a professional and should have held on to that ball and sealed the win, but the goat he might be, but the lack of any defense when it mattered the most had a decent part to play in the loss as well. heck, I am just pleased that the Cowboys made a game out of it after the way it started. I'm thinking this Garrett kid needs to get the job, have an off-season and pre-season to get his system in place and then see what happens next year. This season is a "goner" for the "Boys anyway...except for that hight draft pick.

• Upvote 1

Let he who has never fumbled cast the first stone! Man, I feel for the guy. Great catch and great run, but terrible result. I wonder if it would have mattered if the defense could have made a stop? Yep, Williams may well be remembered for this fumble, but it certainly did not cause the game to be lost. It just added to the mistakes made by the Cowboys in allowing NO to get so far ahead in the first quarter. Just think...one stop and this fumble would not have mattered.

No, not taking up for Roy, he's a professional and should have held on to that ball and sealed the win, but the goat he might be, but the lack of any defense when it mattered the most had a decent part to play in the loss as well. heck, I am just pleased that the Cowboys made a game out of it after the way it started. I'm thinking this Garrett kid needs to get the job, have an off-season and pre-season to get his system in place and then see what happens next year. This season is a "goner" for the "Boys anyway...except for that hight draft pick.

Hiring Garrett won't do a bit of good until Jerry hires a General Manager for the Cowboys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is fundamentals 101. When you feel a defender touch you, you tuck the ball into your chest, and place your other arm over it. And it did cost them the game. If he holds the ball, the Cowboys get at least a field goal, and run off most of the clock.

It is fundamentals 101. When you feel a defender touch you, you tuck the ball into your chest, and place your other arm over it. And it did cost them the game. If he holds the ball, the Cowboys get at least a field goal, and run off most of the clock.

You would think the Cowboys defense could learn some of those fundamentals as well and not have allowed the game to get off to such a bad start. Just think...one stop and that fumble means nothing. I know, Rudy, it was the last thing that happened to have the ending result, just like a kid who misses a field goal at the end of a game to take a loss, but it was not the reason the Cowboys lost. You are so correct about fundamentals...I have seen a surprising lack of fundamentals from another team much closer to my heart on defense this year as well...and one that has an experienced D1 coach at the helm. Sad how that works sometimes to help a team lose a game when the offense has scored plenty of points to have been able to win...just one stop on defense...just one. Oh, for the lack of a stop the game was lost.....