Speaking of the Longhorns.....

DeepGreen

Well, we're mooving onto the Sweet Sixteen for the second consecutive year. biggrin.gif

As far as Deginald Erskin is concerned, he suffered a high ankle sprain in the middle of the season and is just now coming back from it. He was a starter until our game with Arizona. We then went with the bigger forward, Brad Buckman to complement the Big XII's leading rebounder, James Thomas. Deg scored 11 points off the bench yesterday in our win over Purdue and now appears to be fully healed from his injury. He's currently our 3rd Forward option off the bench behind Boddicker and Klotz. It's been a real tough season for Erskin. His mother died about the time he had his injury and she had always attended UT games to watch him play. It's good to hear that he still has some fans over here...I know it's hard watching our of your better players from a couple of season ago play for a different team.

I'd also like the Orange to win. Coach Boeheim has been at Syracuse for like 25 years and has never won.

Basically I'd be happy with all three of those schools winning. All are great stories. You gotta "Mid Major" and 2 coaches who are long overdue.

Then you got Texas. tongue.gif

Erskin could play a big role in trying to beat Syracuse's 2-3 zone.

I think TJ Ford will cut through that zone like a hot knife through butter. That's why OU lost to them, they all stood around jacking up poor quality shots and not getting the rebounds....sorta like NT's offense this year. I don't think UT will have those struggles Saturday however. The key for them is slowing down Carmelo Anthony.

Texas is physical, and TJ Ford is great on driving to the basket. But their outside jumpshooting is suspect beyond Bodicker and Mouton. Very good in a lot of areas, but they seem to lack a killer instinct. They've had trouble finishing teams off in the tourney. Purdue, UConn and Michigan State all hung around, and were within striking distance within the last 4 minutes of the game (ie. under 6-7 points). Syracuse has some very good jump shooters, a couple of very good rebounders, and of course, Carmello Anthony, whom can pretty much do it all.

Defense will be the name of the game. Syracuse 2-3 zone will give Texas some problems IMHO. The best way to overcome it will be for Ford to drive inside, get the zone to collapse toward him, then kick it out to open shooters. That means Bodicker, Mouton and Ivy must hit their shots. If they don't, the Longhorns will be in trouble. I like Boeheim's squad in this matchup.

I don't think I've ever heard 20K plus fans yelling "Fuc* en up, fuc* em up."

We don't behave that way in the South. It's a Northen thing, I'm assuming.

So, relatively speaking, yes, they've been a bastion of class.

Relatively speaking.