Ladarin Mclane On Tv...

Cerebus

TXA 21 has a high school game of the week on, and who just happens to be the color man? North Texas' own LaDarrin McLane. Appenetly he has been doing Southland coverage also.

Always good to see an alum have some success.

My psychiatrist says with a few more sessions I won't have nightmares about that fumble at tech anymore... *face twitch* ... just a few more sessions... mellow.gif

TXA 21 has a high school game of the week on, and who just happens to be the color man? North Texas' own LaDarrin McLane. Appenetly he has been doing Southland coverage also.

My psychiatrist says with a few more sessions I won't have nightmares about that fumble at tech anymore... *face twitch* ... just a few more sessions... mellow.gif

Isn't Doug "Doogie" Anderson, the play by play man, a NT alum also?

That single play stand out as the most frustrating play I have ever watched as a fan--including any sport or team that I root for every day of my life. Nothing beats it. It is 180 degrees from watching Nelson Cruz's home run to beat the Yankees in game 6 of the ALCS this year.

Somebody willing to relive the pain care to elaborate on that fumble...for this young fan who was not there?

Why was it so gut wrenching?

Basically, we were losing 13-7 and our one offensive TD that day was from the defense. Anyway, there is under a minute to go, we have the ball, and we complete a long pass to a streaking LaDarrin McLane who is runnning to the end zone with no one in front of him. This will give us the chance to steal another win in Lubbock from Tech for the 4th straight time. However, as he is getting to about the ten yard line,a DB named Curtis, I believe, catches up to him and punches the ball out of his arm, which somehow stays in bounds. Another DB chasing the play recovers it in front of McLane and returns it to about the 50 to basically seal the win. We were that close.

Jim has it about right. It was a hail Mary sort of though with Hall letting it fly from our end of the field. Somehow McLain gets behind the defense, catches it in stride but has a trailing Db who had the angle on him chasing him to the corner between the five and the goal line. While watching from the endzone they were approaching it looked like if the DB catches him then the worse is we have the ball first and goal inside the 5 because they were both angling towards the side line............BUT......McLain goes into Micheal Irvin mode and has the ball in his right hand, hold the ball straight out in front of him as if he was taunting the crowd. I mean he either scores or they both fly out of bounds right there............(again)BUT......just as Mclain's right foot is inches, literally inches from coming

down onto the sideline the trailing DB makes one of the greatest plays of "Never Give Upness" I've ever seen and leaves his feet, dives to Mclain's right side and somehow hits the ball so that it comes straight back out onto the field at around the 5, and of course Tech recovers it and runs the final seconds off on a kneel play. It was sickening.

A photog from the Avelanche Journal got a phenomenal shot of the DB hitting the ball from behind, from the other side of the field. I believe it was on the front page that next morning? I mean the DB looks like a human flag, hanging straight out behind McLain in the photo. And how the damn ball doesn't go out of bounds there no one knows? Kinslers' ball that hit off the top of the outfield wall and came back in the other night comes to mind it was such a freak bounce.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick