Henry Frazier On North Texas List

Coach Andy Mac

North Texas fired Tom Dodge, formerly coach at one of the Lone Star State's most successful prep programs in Southlake Carroll, after he went 6-37 in three-and-a-half seasons.

Nice research by the writer. As far as Frazier, I would not be opposed him being the coach if our other avenues fail. If you can win at PV then you are alright in my book.

Edited by Green Mean
  • Upvote 1

Nice research by the writer. As far as Frazier, I would not be opposed him being the coach if our other avenues fail. If you can win at PV then you are alright in my book.

It total agreement with this. Frazier should AT LEAST be given an interview, if he's interested in the Job.

"The Mean Green’s short list for a permanent replacement, according to The Denton Record-Chronicle, includes former Southern Miss coach Jeff Bower; former Tulsa and Louisville coach Steve Kragthorpe, a former UNT offensive coordinator; former Alabama and Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione, Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson; ex-NFL assistant Jay Norvell, another Oklahoma assistant.

The prevailing wisdom is that North Texas is looking to make a Splash Hire, since the school is scheduled to open a new $78 million stadium next season that will seat approximately 30,000. Former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach is also apparently in the mix,"

Some of these names have never been mentioned in the DRC. These small market writers are just adding in longshot names to lists that don't exist without any confirmation from anyone.

Edited by NT80