Joe Moglia For Head Coach

Cr1028

Joe Moglia

I heard this guy on the Jim Rome show today and he grabbed my interest. Could we be the team that gives this man a chance? Welcome to Ameritrade Mean Green Stadium? He would certainly be a fantastic head coach from a management side. He is learning Xs and Os again from Bo Pelini and Tom Osborne. If this guy brought in some bang up assistants, he could really get our ship moving with the new stadium. I bet he can fundraise better than everyone in our athletic dept combined. On top of that, he knows some very wealthy people.

Thoughts?

Let's start thinking realistically. Mike Leach, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, nor the ghost of Tom Landry is coming to North Texas until it is proven to have the resources(donors) to compete on a national level.

EDIT: The title was supposed to have a question mark on the end.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

"Moglia will soon be applying for head coaching jobs. Hiring him would be a risk for athletic directors, which happen to be a very risk-averse breed. East Carolina’s AD, Terry Holland, told me that “the number one rule for all athletic directors is ‘At least win the press conference,’” and that hiring Moglia would “likely generate more questions than answers.”

No thank you. Enough with the experiments.

• Upvote 2

"Moglia will soon be applying for head coaching jobs. Hiring him would be a risk for athletic directors, which happen to be a very risk-averse breed. East Carolina’s AD, Terry Holland, told me that “the number one rule for all athletic directors is ‘At least win the press conference,’” and that hiring Moglia would “likely generate more questions than answers.”

The same East Carolina that has won back to back CUSA championships with 9 wins the past two years and paying between $500k and $1M depending on perfomance bonuses?

It is easy to say pass when you are the reigning champ.

Realistically anyone we hire is going to be some degree of an experiment. Sounds like a long shot, but let the guy interview. Maybe he will blow em away. Shoot, we've been pretty happy with our AD and he's just a guy who owned a few Domino's Pizzas. :)

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 1