North Texas At Army - Game Thread

PerryG2480

Wow, color commentator talking about players with their heads down, coaches not putting the ball in their best players hands, defenders being lazy.

I don't see how this team carries on with it's current staff.

Injuries yes. But the team is about to quit. The staff can't do anything else.

What else is RV supposed to do?

They just pointed out tackling is an issue for UNT in this game. That would fall under "defense" that is coached by "Deloach" which means........................nothing, it is ok since it is Deloach's responsibility to teach tackling or at least to see that the players we recruit know how to tackle. There needs to be change there to.

Jeremy Phillips needs new cleats. Darrell Dickey's offense doesn't sound so bad today. Riley Dodge needs to be a wr or a db, plain and simple.

I'm sure the radio show Monday is going to make me sick. Excuses about injuries and this and that. How about having a disiplined football team that doesn't have the majority of big plays called back for penalties?

Jeremy Phillips needs new cleats. Darrell Dickey's offense doesn't sound so bad today. Riley Dodge needs to be a wr or a db, plain and simple.

I'm sure the radio show Monday is going to make me sick. Excuses about injuries and this and that. How about having a disiplined football team that doesn't have the majority of big plays called back for penalties?

I have been to all the radio shows except two since he has been here. He has not once made excuses as you speak of. He has always said they are part of the game and you have to deal with them. Look forward to seeing you there sometimes before you make unqualified statements like this.

• Upvote 1

You guys feel that sting? That is a feeling of helplessness, embarrassment, and lost hope.

Safe face and make sweeping changes now, so we can have a chance in recruiting for next season. This season is lost and please

don't post that we have chance because that is total crap.

R.V. should be the first to go. We need a clean slate to fix a completely inept football organization that let this ship go wayyyyyyyyyy

off course over the past 4-5 years.

I want to win, losing sucks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I am having a hard time looking at the Todd Dodge era and seeing how anybody could defend his work. It is time for him to go. The experiment of a high school coach on the I-A level has failed. Either he should man up and submit his resignation upon returning from West Point, or RV should call Dodge into his office first thing Monday morning. This is ridiculous.

I thought the CBS Sports guys -- Jason Sehorn and the other -- were trying really hard to give credit to UNT wherever they could find it, and sincerely kept making the point about how no team could be expected to rebound much with all the injuries (at one point, Sehorn commented about all the injuries forcing UNT to be a "different team" than coaches and players had wanted / expected) . . . but even THEY started sounding like, "Geez, this is really a losing team." Sad for everyone, but I feel really bad for the players. If I were Dunbar, I'd be, shall I say, greatly annoyed at Riley and coaches, and the 4th/2 decision at midfield and not calling on Dunbar -- who cares at what point of the game!! -- says alot. Was THAT a Canales call, do you think??

You guys feel that sting? That is a feeling of helplessness, embarrassment, and lost hope.

Safe face and make sweeping changes now, so we can have a chance in recruiting for next season. This season is lost and please

don't post that we have chance because that is total crap.

R.V. should be the first to go. We need a clean slate to fix a completely inept football organization that let this ship go wayyyyyyyyyy

off course over the past 4-5 years.

I want to win, losing sucks

R.V. is the guy who is a main proponent of the stadium. R.V. brought in Johnny Jones who has precipitated basketball's winning ways.

The answer is not to fire this man.

• Upvote 1

I thought the CBS Sports guys -- Jason Sehorn and the other -- were trying really hard to give credit to UNT wherever they could find it, and sincerely kept making the point about how no team could be expected to rebound much with all the injuries (at one point, Sehorn commented about all the injuries forcing UNT to be a "different team" than coaches and players had wanted / expected) . . . but even THEY started sounding like, "Geez, this is really a losing team."

It was pretty painful to hear Jason Sehorn, of all people, criticize North Texas for its tackling.