Norris Commits To Unt

Brett Vito

Doherty never offered Trey and it wasn't close. Their assistant, Reggie Brown, really likes Trey quite a bit, so I wasn't posting to slight lil Trey. Doh often has a very tough time pulling the trigger, even if he should. This is but one reason Lutz left for Creighton. Doh would never pull the trigger on good kids. Trey is a good kid and player. As for SMU elite camp, I was there, and Trey was never the best guard on the floor, in a camp w/o high end PG prospects. In fact Tyler James had far more buzz coming out of the camp, than did Norris. Don't take this the wrong way, but Trey needs to shoot a lot better to compensate for being tiny. Kid is a good pick-up for the Mean Green.

FWIW, I'm more a hoops industry guy than fan of either individual school, so I come w/o real bias. Just good prospect discussions here

Welcome aboard and appreciate you sharing your unbiased insight with us. Can you share your thoughts on Jordan Williams? Obviously we have been pretty excited about him over here.

Nothing personal at all. I love talking basketball. I was there too and Trey looked great. There were a few other guards, at what I thought was a very watered down "Elite" camp, but Trey more than held his own. Trey is a true point. He looks to get others involved first, then score as a secondary option. His shot is improving, but for what he does, he is solid. And he may be "tiny," but he benches 220 and squats 400 already.

That's pretty impressive weights for a kid of that size!

Welcome aboard and appreciate you sharing your unbiased insight with us. Can you share your thoughts on Jordan Williams? Obviously we have been pretty excited about him over here.

Jordan Williams is a great get for UNT. I think he projects more as a SF, than as a SG at the next level. Good length, nice stroke from mid to deep, and really attacks the glass. I wouldn't say he's a high-flyer, but he's very active. Gets his share of tip-ins and putbacks etc. Certainly, he's an impact player early at UNT, and probably an all-league performer by junior year at the latest. Needs work on perimeter and transition D, but that'll come w/coaching, cause the effort is there. He's a high motor kid when he has it going

I recall Trey saying that he did get an offer from SMU.

He can say what he wants, as can all recruits, but he never had a commitable SMU offer, ever. SMU has this way of leading everyone to believe they've been offered, but only a few are commitable. As I said, Brown liked lil Trey, Doh didn't. If Doh doesn't like you, there is no offer. Besides that, SMU has 3 PGs on the roster in '11, so if they grab a PG, it'll be one that pushes for the start. Trey is a situational waterbug.

SMU elite camp was very watered down, only 3 kids in the entire gym w/commitable offers in Jalen Jones, Karim york & Keaton Miles, who was in street clothes. Next closest were Trey, AJ Price(street clothes), and Kyle Kager. Kager just gave his verbal to American, FWIW. You are right, Trey did more than hold his own, he just wasn't dominant vs. a subpar PG crop. That said, what did you think of Tyler James? Nobody had heard of the kid pre-camp, and he really opened eyes w/his size and cerebral nature. Dropped some bombs too. Be interesting to see what level he ends up being recruited, if at all.

UNT will be happy w/Trey. Its hard to determine if SMU really needs a PG or not. They have both Cotton Giles and Troy Alexander coming available in '11, not to mention the florida kid they picked up in '10

I think Tyler looked very good. I have seen Trey play a lot more though, so I still take him. I take Trey over most PG's in the area right now though. He has a high motor and drive to win. Kids love to play with him because he is so unselfish. I think he is very underrated.

I love Jalen Jones and Karim York. I think UNT has a good shot at getting this kid with Williams and Norris verbal. I don't think Keaton Miles is all that though. I think his ego is better than his game. Not to take anything away from what he does, I just don't see the High Major everyone keeps talking about. I watched him the last 3 summers and even at Pangos, just not overly excited.

Norris already sportin the MeaN Green :

Future_Starting_PG?

I already liked him a lot, but I'm loving this kid more and more every day.

Excellent choice in higher education, snappy dresser, and a fan of Chicken Express.

Bring a friend with you, Trey (maybe Kyan or Devonta?) and enjoy the Mean Green Special: Two #1 combos and drinks for a shockingly low price.

• Upvote 1

I already liked him a lot, but I'm loving this kid more and more every day.

Excellent choice in higher education, snappy dresser, and a fan of Chicken Express.

Bring a friend with you, Trey (maybe Kyan or Devonta?) and enjoy the Mean Green Special: Two #1 combos and drinks for a shockingly low price.

Let's just keep ChrisFisher away from him

• Upvote 2

Let's just keep ChrisFisher away from him

I've already arranged to have Mr. Fisher removed from campus and shipped off to Corpus Christi. Not sure why or what the joke is... But I've been subconsciously putting a plan into action that will keep the two separate.

EDIT: Aaaaand I just remembered the joke. Poor Chris... He'll never live that down. Lucky for him everyone has enough of a feel for his personality to know it was just an honest, innocent mistake.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

It's the Chicken Express across from campus. That's why I mentioned the restaurant in the first place.

They've done a lot in decorating to make it NT-centric.

The irony here is so delicious I want to sop it up with a biscuit and wash it down with some grape soda and a slice of watermelon

• Upvote 2

I spent a semester or two in an unofficial illegal parking social club that congregated near that Burger King.

I lived a few blocks away sorta between the laundry mat and the site that became Del Taco(or was it Taco Cabana...get them confused for some reason). Basically I lived on campus, since it took like maybe 5 minutes to walk to Kerr from my front door.

Emmitt routinely parked in our lot to avoid getting a parking pass - but was never towed.

Edited by CMJ

I lived a few blocks away sorta between the laundry mat and the site that became Del Taco. Basically I lived on campus, since it took like maybe 5 minutes to walk to Kerr from my front door.

Emmitt routinely parked in our lot to avoid getting a perking pass - but was never towed.

If he REALLY loved North Texas, he'd have HAPPILY paid for a full parking pass.

Prove it with your dollars, people. Everyone else is keeping score of your fan points. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

:lol:

Says the one who was part of an illegal parking club.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... When the hell did we start deciding to point the finger at ourselves first around here?

If I wanted to be a better person, I'd volunteer for Habitat or something. I'm just looking to tear other people down so I can feel better about myself without actually changing or making any effort.

• Upvote 1

If he REALLY loved North Texas, he'd have HAPPILY paid for a full parking pass.

Prove it with your dollars, people. Everyone else is keeping score of your fan points. :ph34r:

In my defense I always wore an NT t-shirt when I parked there and often tailgated outside the parking offices. That's what counts, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

In my defense I always wore an NT t-shirt when I parked there and often tailgated outside the parking offices. That's what counts, right?

When I agree with you, yes. That earns you a waiver.

When I think you're wrong about something or when you point out my ignorance/stupidity, then I reserve the right to use this fact as a weapon against you.

Right, but did you actually GO to class on campus, or did you just stay at the apartment complex's parking lot all day? Sure, you contributed to the school day atmosphere at UNT, but if you didn't make it into a classroom on campus, you're only contributing to the problem. FIX THE PROBLEM!

• Upvote 2