Unt Loses Key Jc Recruit

Brett Vito

What is wrong with these guys? Making your grades shouldn't be that difficult. I still think we will be fine because I really didn't expect to see him in the two-deep, but it sure hurts our depth. I can't wait for the day that we don't have to depend on JUCO's and can strictly target high school kids. Not all JUCO's are a risk, but the majority sure are!

Dodge said that UNT could use the scholarship it was holding for Miller and is in the process of scouring the country for a player who fits its needs.

Disappointing...we could have used this scholarship a few weeks ago when a couple of good prospects for the school down the road unexpectedly became available.

Makes me think Cantly needs to move full time to defensive end.

He played a lot of that in high school. The manager in our office feels like he can play there, but do you want him there at 300 pounds, or somewhat less, like when he came out of high school? I think a lot of that depends on how well he's doing in the conditioning program. Yes, I still have high hopes for Cantly, and this is the year he needs to step up. He has a great attitude; I've seen him when he was getting a breather on the sideline, and was waving a towel to the fans to get them to making some noise. We need him to make some noise now.

Makes me think Cantly needs to move full time to defensive end.

Hopefully, we should still have Gaines, Akpunku, Obi, Boutwell, Bellazin and possibly Anyiam and McCoy returning next year. The only returning tackle will be Kyle White. Cantly has the size to stay at tackle.

• Upvote 3

Hopefully, we should still have Gaines, Akpunku, Obi, Boutwell, Bellazin and possibly Anyiam and McCoy returning next year. The only returning tackle will be Kyle White. Cantly has the size to stay at tackle.

Well, sir, you make a very good point, about as plainly as anyone could, so +1.

• Upvote 1

What is wrong with these guys? Making your grades shouldn't be that difficult. I still think we will be fine because I really didn't expect to see him in the two-deep, but it sure hurts our depth. I can't wait for the day that we don't have to depend on JUCO's and can strictly target high school kids. Not all JUCO's are a risk, but the majority sure are!

I do not know what junior colleges they are attending... but my word, JC's are not that difficult. For some classes you only need a heart-beat and consciousness, while some are a little more challenging.... but maybe it isn't a bad thing if we find out now that kids can't pass classes b/c if he can't get a grade at JC, they certainly won't get through UNT.

I do not know what junior colleges they are attending... but my word, JC's are not that difficult. For some classes you only need a heart-beat and consciousness, while some are a little more challenging.... but maybe it isn't a bad thing if we find out now that kids can't pass classes b/c if he can't get a grade at JC, they certainly won't get through UNT.

Dude...honestly...if our program is doing its job (tutoring, hand-holding, etc) we should be able to get a old stump to graduate. Vince Young was passing his classes at UT and he was borderline retarded based on his (alleged) Wonderlic score.

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 2