Did This Year's Recruit Class Help ?

MeanGreen61

http://eagletalk.net/2010/06/22/did-this-years-recruiting-class-help.aspx

eagletalk thinks cole is still at unt. didn't he leave in the spring?

Cole, Williams will not play for UNT next season

Oklahoma State transfer William Cole and safety Darien Williams will not be with UNT next season, Dodge said.

Cole, a former Cedar Hill standout, practiced briefly with UNT last fall after transferring from OSU. He was expected to make an immediate impact for UNT next season at wide receiver.

He also mentions just about every walk-on running back.....and leaves out Jeremi Mathis.

He mentions Tanner Smith as an incoming TE.....leaves out Austin Fitzpatrick.

I agree...this was not his best effort. But I do appreciate his site...and the fact that he has uncovered some info.

• Upvote 7

Despite some bad data and a lot of focus on walk-ons that most likely will never see the field, his conclusion that the defense with the exception of the secondary was not improved is questionable. The linebacker crew if you consider that Nwigwe was lost mid season has everyone back. Yet, they added their best high school recruit Orr and two smallish but potentially very good juco linebackers. Defensive end should be a lot deeper with the addition of two jucos and their second best high school recruit Bellazin plus grayshirt Boutwell. They did only recruit one interior defensive lineman and he seems a real stretch. Very unusual to recruit an offensive lineman and convert him to defense, look for him to end up back on offense. However, they do have a number of young defensive tackles: Cantly (I still think he will end up as a tackle), Anyiam (he also will end up at tackle), and White.

Edited by GrandGreen

I see improvement from recruiting everywhere on defense except defensive tackle. There was only one recruit there and he was an offensive tackle, at least as a senior in high school. Worse yet, three that we are relying on will be seniors. Unless someone comes through this year none of the underclassmen stir any excitement.

No help for this year and, as yet, no proven talent for 2011.

I see improvement from recruiting everywhere on defense except defensive tackle. There was only one recruit there and he was an offensive tackle, at least as a senior in high school. Worse yet, three that we are relying on will be seniors. Unless someone comes through this year none of the underclassmen stir any excitement.

No help for this year and, as yet, no proven talent for 2011.

Pretty scary stuff, Jack.

Is it JUCO time once again in MeanGreenLand? Hopefully, there are some yet to be named transfers waiting in the wing? What about the huge kid that is being hailed a a super sleeper in our group of new recruits. His name I will have to look up. Addendum: His name is Antonio Johnson, the 6'9" kid from Dibol who is cat quick according to recruiting gurus.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Pretty scary stuff, Jack.

Is it JUCO time once again in MeanGreenLand? Hopefully, there are some yet to be named transfers waiting in the wing? What about the huge kid that is being hailed a a super sleeper in our group of new recruits. His name I will have to look up. Addendum: His name is Antonio Johnson, the 6'9" kid from Dibol who is cat quick according to recruiting gurus.

Sorry Jim, he's an offensive tackle but should be a great one though. We have a number of defensive ends for this coming year who I think will be great but someone forgot defensive tackle.

Edited by GrayEagle