New Mexico Not Renewing Scholarship--Will Brown

SUMG

His scholarship is not being renewed due to numerous violations of team policy. He was a pretty good player in high school. (Dallas Woodrow Wilson). Albuquerque is in the middle of nowhere (for a Dallas kid). Might being closer to home turn this kid around?

http://www.golobos.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/brown_will00.html

Anyway just throwing this out there. The kid may be too much trouble. Wonder if Cooley or Buford have any thoughts on him.

• Upvote 1

His scholarship is not being renewed due to numerous violations of team policy. He was a pretty good player in high school. (Dallas Woodrow Wilson). Albuquerque is in the middle of nowhere (for a Dallas kid). Might being closer to home turn this kid around?

http://www.golobos.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/brown_will00.html

Anyway just throwing this out there. The kid may be too much trouble. Wonder if Cooley or Buford have any thoughts on him.

If he is interest, I'd certainly rely on JJ's judgement and be happy with his decision. He's got a darn good batting average with transfers. :D

http://www.golobos.c...own_will00.html

There is nothing but trouble to get into in Albuquerue , probably the dirtiest city in America.

Edited by NT03

Will would be a nice pickup! The only question I have is how long would he stay with the program? The kid moves around more than a Shanice Stephens recruit. Lives and played at Duncanville as a freshman. Transferred to Woodrow Wilson the next year. Transferred back to Duncanville his junior year and then played his senior year at some prep school out of state.

Ranked higher than what I ever saw on the court. Played on a very talented Woodrow team with Anthony Randolph (LSU, Golden State) the Garth Brothers and future NBA lotto pick Perry Jones (Baylor). At one point, some had Woodrow ranked as the #1 team in Texas but finished 5th in district. Very good rebounder and shot blocker. Runs the floor extremely well and athletic.

2011 should be a banner year for low-mid major recruits in Dallas. With 6-8 scholarships available, JJ might just want to wait;

High Majors

Jamal Branch 6-2/165 PG Arlington Grace Prep Texas A&M

Jordan Williams 6-6/190 SF/SG The Colony

Jarion Henry 6-8/190 SF Dallas Kimball

LeBryan Nash 6-6/220 SF/PF Dallas Lincoln

Cannen Cunningham 6-8/190 PF/C Arlington Lamar

Kyan Anderson 5-10/155 PG North Crowley

Antwan Space 6-7/210 PF DeSoto

Rashad Smith 6-6/185 SF/SG Plano

Jordan Green 6-4/180 SG Flower Mound Texas A&M

Toddrick Gotcher 6-3/185 SG Garland Lakeview Centennial

Mid Majors

Jevante Thompson 5-10/170 PG Irving

A.J. Crump 6-6/185 SF Fort Worth Dunbar (may end up at Woodrow)

Jordan Tolbert 6-6/190 PF/SF Fort Worth All Saints

Devonte Abron 6-6/200 PF Dallas Seagoville

A.J. Price 6-2/165 SG/PG The Colony

Keaton Miles 6-5/180 SF/PF Dallas Lincoln

Forrest Robinson 6-8/210 PF Eastland (UNT interest)

Jherrod Stiggers 6-4/185 SG/SF Terrell

Andre Crear 6-2/170 SG Fort Worth Trimble Tech

Luther Thomas 6-4/190 SG/SF Fort Worth Poly

Wesley Davis 6-2/165 SG Mansfield Summit

Austin Franklin 6-2/165 SG Dallas Kimball

Chris Jones 6-1/175 PG Garland Lakeview Centennial

Thomas Gipson 6-6/250 C/PF Cedar Hill

Geoff Groselle 6-9/210 C Plano West

Ben Dillard 6-2/170 SG Frisco

Marc Brown 6-4/185 SF/SG Dallas Woodrow Wilson (backed out of verbal to FSU)

Darius Singleton 6-5/185 SF Garland Sachse TCU

D' Von Campbell 5-11/155 PG Arlington Bowie

Wesley Gipson 5-11/155 PG N.R.H. Richland

Deon Willis 5-8/160 PG Arlington Bowie

DeShon Portley 5-11/160 PG Plano West

Trey Davis 5-10/155 PG Dallas Woodrow Wilson

Christian Jones 6-5/220 PF Arlington Bowie

Jalen Jones 6-5/190 PF/SF Mansfield Timberview

Daniel Green 6-8/210 C/PF Grapevine

Montrael Scott 6-1/165 SG Dallas Madison

Jonathan Fuller 6-1/165 SG Rockwall Heath

Trey Norris 5-9/160 PG South Grand Prairie

Gary Finley 6-0/165 PG Mesquite

Austin Chatman 5-9/155 PG The Colony

Luke Mergerson 6-6/230 C/PF Duncanville

Jamar Goodwin 6-4/190 SF Ennis

Billy Johnson 6-3/175 SG/SF Cedar Hill

Chris Chukwukelu 6-5/185 SF Lancaster

Ndiaye Rawane 6-9/220 C Dallas Woodrow Wilson

Terrance Syon 6-6/185 PF North Crowley

DeJuan Cooper 6-5/190 PF Kennedale

Brent Okpoh 6-3/180 SG/SF The Colony

Others (Low-Major/Juco's)

Kenneth Hall 6-5/185 PF Dallas South Oak Cliff

Davene Carter 6-5/200 PF Dallas South Oak Cliff

Jerren Domino 5-10/155 PG Mansfield Timberview

Cameron Lenzy 5-10/155 PG Duncanville

Cameron Brown 6-2/175 SG/SF Frisco Liberty

Jeremy Atkins 6-1/165 SG Duncanville

Barrington Stevens 5-11/160 PG Allen

Chris Gibson 6-2/165 SG Fort Worth Eastern Hills

Chris Roberson 6-7/185 C/PF Dallas W.T. White

Jamarlus Demas 6-1/165 SG Garland Lakeview Centennial

Kendrick Fugett 6-0/165 PG/SG Cedar Hill

Zach Lord 6-7/190 C/PF Keller

Darrick Little 6-6/220 PF Cedar Hill

Derrion Johnson 6-4/185 SF Lancaster

Michael Nwelue 6-2/170 SF/SG Lewisville

Xavier Dade 6-0/165 PG/SG Dallas Lincoln

Malcolm Hill 6-0/160 PG/SG Frisco Liberty

Denzell Zackery 5-10/155 PG Lancaster

Zach Moer 6-7/185 PF Flower Mound Coram Deo

Donovan Bridgeforth 5-10/155 PG Mesquite Poteet

Blake Mullenix 6-6/210 PF Carrollton Ranchview

Adam Choplick 6-6/230 C Denton Ryan

I just have to say, that I do not agree with the sentiments regarding Albuquerque that some have posted. I have spent a considerable amount of time in the city and have not found it to be as described by some on this thread. I guess it is all in one's perspective and what you are looking for in a city. If you wanted to find less than pristine places, Denton, Dallas, Ft. Worth or Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Denver, etc., etc., etc. all have some areas that residents certainly are not overly proud to say are part of their home towns and need some work and development. If you look for "trash" you can find trash. If you look for the more beautiful and engaging parts of a city, you'll find that also. People tend to find what they seek, juts like some people tend to see the negatives in things more then the positive. It's all a matter of perspective.

Anyway, while it may not be my favorite of all cities, but Albuquerque has a great deal to offer and some super people.

unm oversigned and had to rid itself of two players. brown wrote a letter to the albuquerque journal saying he wanted to stay. he is a good shot blocker and the people i play basketball with who have season tickets to the loblows talk highly of him.

i have lived in albuquerque since 1983, cooler summers than dallas and when the sun goes down the temp drops into the 60's. i miss the green,the rain and denton. i just bought a lot in denton and in the next five years i will be building my home and will be supporting the mean green in all sports.

oh yeah, albuquerque must be down to two pretty women, i married one of the three. there are more than three pretty women here, you must of have been on old route 66 looking at the crack whores, the three pretty ones were guys or cops. the crime rate is out of control in albuquerque.

say what you will but to get loblow basketball tickets is a feat, they sell the place out. i know the next line is there is nothing to do here. the locals who have never attended the college still support the program and show up to the games. i think the pit holds 18,000 but it is going to hold less because they are adding corporate suites, they are spending more on their remodel than we are on a new football stadium.

• Upvote 1

unm oversigned and had to rid itself of two players. brown wrote a letter to the albuquerque journal saying he wanted to stay. he is a good shot blocker and the people i play basketball with who have season tickets to the loblows talk highly of him.

i have lived in albuquerque since 1983, cooler summers than dallas and when the sun goes down the temp drops into the 60's. i miss the green,the rain and denton. i just bought a lot in denton and in the next five years i will be building my home and will be supporting the mean green in all sports.

oh yeah, albuquerque must be down to two pretty women, i married one of the three. there are more than three pretty women here, you must of have been on old route 66 looking at the crack whores, the three pretty ones were guys or cops. the crime rate is out of control in albuquerque.

say what you will but to get loblow basketball tickets is a feat, they sell the place out. i know the next line is there is nothing to do here. the locals who have never attended the college still support the program and show up to the games. i think the pit holds 18,000 but it is going to hold less because they are adding corporate suites, they are spending more on their remodel than we are on a new football stadium.

i believe this is with state money, not private finds/student fees. also, i love the duke city.