Revised Starters And Minutes Distribution Guesses

Thompson, White and Odufawa will definitely be starters unless injured. The other two positions will be wide open. Shorter was a starter but I see him getting a lot of competition from Williams and McGhee. Also I predict that while JJ won't start Johnson and White together, they will be on the court together a lot next season. I wouldn't be surprised at least early that the second big will by a committee until someone rises above the others. I give Holmen a slight edge because I believe he has greater potential than the others. Even though Spencer was the first frontcourt player off the bench and Edwards was recruited to repace Tramiel, I don't see either getting big minutes.

PG - Josh White ( 15), Johnson (20), Williams (5)

W - Tristan Thompson (30), White (10)

W - McGhee (15), Williams (10), Shorter (10), White (5)

F - Holmen (15), Hogans (15), Shorter (5), Edwards (5)

p- Odufawa (30), Spencer (5), Knox (5)

Thompson, White and Odufawa will definitely be starters unless injured. The other two positions will be wide open. Shorter was a starter but I see him getting a lot of competition from Williams and McGhee. Also I predict that while JJ won't start Johnson and White together, they will be on the court together a lot next season. I wouldn't be surprised at least early that the second big will by a committee until someone rises above the others. I give Holmen a slight edge because I believe he has greater potential than the others. Even though Spencer was the first frontcourt player off the bench and Edwards was recruited to repace Tramiel, I don't see either getting big minutes.

I tend to go with your scenario a bit more. Unless Edwards turns out to show a WHOLE LOT more in practice than he showed at JC, he is probably going to have to earn his minutes. Similar situation probably will apply to Spencer as well. I think Holmen and Hogans are definitely going to be competing head to head for minutes, and it just kind of depends on how Hogans comes back from his injury break, and how much Holmen has learned from his first year's experience. Definitely want to see Josh and Dom find a way to get somewhere between 20-30 minutes a piece. No telling about our hopeful freshman sensation. Guess we will just have to wait and see on that.

what about running Josh at the shooting guard and let Dom run at point?

Totally agree. Dom has more speed which makes him more effective at the point. He also has a much better assist/turnover ratio. On the other hand, running the point seems to take Josh out of his game, at least to some degree.

Alzee needs more minutes at PG, not on the wing. Take 5 min. a piece away from Josh & Dom and distribute them on the wings and I think we may have something here. I hope Edwards can contribute more than 5 min/game, but I haven't seen anything other than his 3 year old HS highlights that make me think otherwise. If we're relying on Holmen & Hogans to replace Tramiel, then we might be in trouble. Hogans is good, but not on Tramiel's plane. I think Holmen will only get better, but I don't know if he will be on ET's level yet either.